Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding a band: London vs Dublin

• 18-07-2024 5:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi

Anyone there who lived in London, and play in a band?

As I have the opportunity to move to any of both cities (I live in Canada), and evaluating advantages and disadvantages, I would like to know how easy is to be part of a band in London and Dublin. I have the idea of being Dublin a smaller city and with a vivid music scene, it is everything more concentrated and therefore easier - considering also the friendly aspect of Irish people. Am I wrong? Is it somehow better in London.

I mean in terms of finding a band, and playing gigs (not professionally)

Thanks for any comments!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Major Lovechild

London will offer you more choice as there is a much larger pool of interests/genres with many more venues. Dublin not so much.

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BewlayBrother

Have to agree with this. Dublin/ Ireland is small and maybe that suits you better but you will have more options in London. You don't mention what type of music but it's difficult to get gigs in Dublin with original music. Having said that, I only have experience of the Dublin music scene, not London.

Advertisement