Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Story Suitable Ladder

• 18-07-2024 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Hi, I am looking to invest in a ladder for both painting and gutter cleaning. It's a 2 story Semi Detached, with about a height of 19 feet. A telescopic ladder would be ideal in terms of storage but how safe are they at that height? I am not sure. I mean where can I store a 2/3 extension ladder in a semi d with a small shed.

Looking for advice.

Post edited by dvega on

Best Answers

Answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,162 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Telescopic ladders don't last long. The snaps / clips break off easily. I had one for a few months but got rid of it

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭dvega

Ya hire might be the way to go. If I was to buy, probably recommend a top quality ladder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,156 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I bought a fancy ladder with stand off and base support and everything.

Used it once to try to clean the gutters, scared the **** out of myself, phoned a dude to do it.

If you haven't been comfortably up a ladder 5 metres off the ground, don't underestimate how **** terrifying it is.

I have actually used the ladder to trim my trees at 6m up, but you can hold on to a tree. You can't hold on to a wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Samson1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is it safe?

The usual principle is that if you can fall more than 2 metres, it is unsafe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement