Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you are buying any new xboxes coming out in this year yes or no?

• 18-07-2024 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Are you are buying any new xboxes in this year upcoming once yes or no?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Tempted by the new black 1tb series s

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Sponge25

I just got the xbox series S a couple of months ago. It gets very hot though, anyone else experience this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭drury..

are u blocking the exhaust in any way

The few reviews I see say its cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Considering MS are about to stop promoting the consoles in the EMEA, no. They've given absolutely no reason to invest in their hardware. They're handing the market to Sony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Is gamepass not a reason to get an xbox? Appreciate it's going up in price, but still a great deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Buttros

Dont need an Xbox for gamepass. Can use a Samsung telly or a fire stick. Loads of options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

How? Every single post you make has a cross reference to Sony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Had a Series X. Cool and quiet. Series S is also supposed to be cool and quiet. If you are not blocking the vents … or not in some super hot environment … or it's not in some weird enclosure …. then take it back to the shop and get a replacement.

I've had a series S and replaced it with a series X, both stored in same place. Neither got particularly warm and neither make any obvious noise.

As stated above, if it's getting crazy hot and it's not being blocked by something, I'd be going back to seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭drury..

• Advertisement

Well considering Playstation is basically the current direct competitor for Xbox, I assume it's apt to mention them when Xbox are considering giving up on promoting hardware in the EMEA. Nintendo have their own market. I have a Series X but MS have dropped the ball again this gen as far as I'm concerned. I can't see why anyone would invest in their hardware if this is their view. As of right now, I have zero interest in any future Xbox hardware unless they come out with something amazing next gen, which doesn't appear to be the direction they want to head in. And with the recent price increases for Gamepass, imo, they're making it hard to trust in their future. It's be a great price if new games weren't so meh.

I've also said this is not necessarily a good thing, Sony have potential to go crazy if they're handed the market, we need competition.

Nothing you have said here though gives an actual reason as to why you wouldn't consider an Xbox. How have they dropped the ball? What direction are they heading in? I'm genuinely curious here.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Sponge25

No, its just sitting on top of a press. It was so silent I was convinced there was no fan in it for a minute lol. The room i'm in gets quite hot so it might be that and it's only the black circular grate that actually gets hot. I'm using a fan to blow cool air over it too.

Oh, sorry, didn't know you wanted me to explain in detail on this thread. Ok, but keep in mind it's subjective, as is literally every opinion ever:

• I got the SX after the PS5
    • It hasn't released a single exclusive game that has actually been good
    • It's "big" games were generally poorly received, ie: Starfield, Redfall
    • It doesn't do anything the PS5 can't do
    • It has no direct competition for Sony, nearly all the games are available on PS5 also
    • The very few good exclusives are usually indie or AA, no AAA must-have game
    • They have been poor at promoting the console since launch
    • They're now considering giving up promoting the console in the EMEA
    • They are pushing cloud gaming as potentially the only future, which I completely disagree with as the technology is simply not good enough yet
    • They have bought out many studios and just closed them
    • They have a one-shot attitude to new IPs, and even when they are successful they close the studio anyway (Hi-Fi Rush)
    • They have been pushing MT's into every game they possibly can
    • They are basically trying to remove themselves from the hardware game, in a time when just cloud gaming is still years/decades away
    • They've been pushing Gamepass as the big thing, and now are increasing the prices beyond what PS+ costs
    • Day 1 AAA games releasing on Gamepass is bad for the studios, as I think has been evidenced
    • The controller SUCKS, it's just the same as last gen with nothing new, no boundary pushing/evolution like the haptics of the DualSense
    • PS bring out the option of being able to purchase a disc drive for newer digital models, MS have decided a completely digital SX is what people want
    • Rather than create new studios, foster talent and release amazing new IPs, MS think buying the good game makers will suffice
    • They completely ignore any negative feedback and instead continue to shout at the clouds how great Xbox is

I'm sure there's more, but it's early. Keeping in mind the OP question is if we are buying any new Xbox's that come out this year, which as far as I can tell is just a digital only SX. It's not asking if we are buying into the eco-system, although my arguments still hold for that.

Where are the console selling games? They don't have any. And now the rumour that the exclusivity of their games may not be very exclusive with games coming to PS5 in order to bump up sales numbers… I don't see why anyone would buy into Xbox right now. They've given no good reason to, other than "Hey, look, Gamepass!" which, if you objectively look at, is at the very least no better than PS+. And now it's more expensive.

Hope my reply suffices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Luna84

I don't know I am very happy with my Series X and all previous Xbox's I have owned. (One X, One, 360, Xbox 1)

I even have a gaming PC with a 7800X3D and 7900 XTX that I do not use as I game always on my Xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Luna84

I was thinking more about this. Xbox will release another physical console as it's needed but I'd say the gen after that we will be in the era of the cloud. Xbox(MS) are putting in the work now to be ready for then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I was debating getting the PS5 over the Series X last time around and basically what you said is true. However the PS5 lads on multiple forums are giving out massively about the lack of games coming to PS5 and killer IP g ames and the whole lack of backwards compatibility. So much so in fact that they are moving to PC for the better game range since Sony is now porting PS5 games to PC as well.

Only reason I went with the xbox is because of gamepass and my young son wanted me to play Ark with him and have party chat :)

But both consoles while are good are severely lacking in killer games… PC is back baby…

There's a lack of new IP across all of them, just that I find PS have better ones when they do land. PS also concentrates more on single player stuff imo, so suits me too. I've no interest in MMOs or multiplayer games in general. Concord has not even registered on my radar.

I don't get the pc side. Once the initial thrill of being a pc gamer wears off, at least in my case, I found its more a pain in the hole. I built a 1k pc that doesn't perform as good as my PS5 or even the SX. Couldn't get Starfield to run at a stable frame rate. Valheim crashed twice before I could even play it so I uninstalled. I'm enjoying DSP but any other game available on console would play better on console compared to my twice the price pc. It's far too expensive to get into. And anyone I know who has a gaming pc takes hits to resolution or frames in order to get it stable... it is, imo, inferior as a games playing device unless you're loaded.

And I'm one of the few who wants to play modern games on modern hardware so i couldn't care less about backwards compatability. Plus old games look terrible on a 55" 4K OLED.

Advertisement