Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small claims procedure against a USA company operating in Europe?

Options
  • 19-07-2024 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭

I bought a product from a company that seemed to be in the EU. It's been a long back and forth with the company, but they have refused to refund me on a clearly defective product. I'm past the point where I can claim a chargeback with my card issuer. So I feel I have no option left except to take out a small claims procedure.

The only address I have for the company though, it turns out is in California. I can't find any UK or other country based company.

And to make things more confusing, the terms of sale in my original invoice state that they are governed by English law, and English courts take jurisdiction on any disputes.

So how and where to I initiate small claims proceedings against them?

Advertisement