Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Insurance Renewal Premium

Options
  • 19-07-2024 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I received my renewal quote for the coming year (2024-2025) and the premium has gone up by 35%

No claims and no changes to details.

2022 Premium = €332

2023 Premium = €293

2024 Premium = €456

Is this increase typical across all Companies or am I being ripped off? I did phone and got it down to €420 (huge saving I know).

Where is the best option for a reasonable quote these days? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭This is it

I got my first year for €320 with Axa April 2023, this year I was quoted around €470 and got it for €427. Couldn't get a y cheaper from any online searches. Had a few people tell me that €400-500 was fairly standard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Review your sums insured. Some insurers are inviting renewal with substantial increases in sums insured to counteract years where people never updated their cover amid high construction inflation.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭golfbgud

Got another phonecall from my current vendor on Saturday quoting €370.

Advertisement