Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BUYING a house thru HTB scheme

Options
  • 20-07-2024 7:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

First of all good day. as the title says we're planning to buy a new house however i heard that before buying you need to have at least 10-20k savings for miscl fee (solicitor, furniture). do you really need to have that money in order to have the house? or you can just loan it up once you get your mortgage approved. thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Is this in addition to the deposit??

There are Loan to value limits which do not include the items you list so you need to have the JC to fund these

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Dublinandy3

For the bank, if the HTB covers your entire deposit, you just need to show what you would do normally for a mortgage. Ability to save regularly, affordability etc.

We had less than 10k in our balance and we got the mortgage, bought the house etc.

Easiest thing to do though is simply ask your potential mortgage provider, as I'm sure it may differ from company to company.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 chokzdgreat

how bout the money u spent for thr stamp duties? solicitor? appliances? was if all from the savinga u had?? thanks for answering! appreciate!

Advertisement