Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reusing Old Phone Watch Alarm?

• 21-07-2024 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

hi all,

I moved into a new home recently and there a 1-2 year old wireless phone watch alarm throughout the house; the subscription was stopped so it’s all sitting idle.

Is it possible to reuse this? I’m assuming that I’d need to swap in a new hub/receiver for connecting to the devices and that there must be some form of free app I can then download to kick things off?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I’m going to take down the olde receiver this morning after coffee to take a closer look at its manufacturer details to hopefully learn more which can help.

TIA!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Blue Badger

Opened up the control hub and it's listed as a SECTOR ALARM security gateway. Googled them there and looks like they're the parent / leasing group for phone watch in Ireland as it's the exact same app, product etc. which is interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Blue Badger

Oh, wtheck. No joy as it seems the system is locked to them. But it looks like they actually own it to??

This is daft as hell. Phonewatch is now on my list of enemies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭altor

The system is locked to them.

It connects to their server so your hands are tied using that system unfortunately.

Advertisement