Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice President Kamala Harris vs Donald Trump 2024

Options
  • 21-07-2024 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Breaking news! ! As of 21 July 2024, President Joe Biden has stepped down as Presidental nominee for 2024 election and has handed the baton over to Kamala!

https://x.com/JoeBiden/status/1815080881981190320/photo/1

https://x.com/JoeBiden/status/1815087772216303933

Kamala Harris has come from nowhere to be thrust into the biggest political contest in human history!

The democrats didn't think Joe could win, they are going to hope Kamala gets a monumental big bounce in support in order for her to win, with just months to go for election!

**Threadbans**

Snake Pliskin

Post edited by Ten of Swords at

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭Shoog

I think it will work. Basically there is a huge demographic which has said they don't want to vote for either old man. Since one senile old man is locked in this will be a obvious jump. A Democrat black women ticks a lot of boxes and only pisses off the racists.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭thatsdaft

The US Republic might yet be saved

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

has he 'officially' handed the baton over?

i assume it's not within his power to decide who the nominee is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭denismc

He hasn't handed anything over to Harris, he thanked her for being a partner, I think it's a little early to assume she is going to be the Democratic nominee.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The ones who sat on the sidelines, deciding to wait until 2028, after another 4 years of Trump, should now be told, sod off the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thread title changed. Biden has not resigned and remains President until his successor is inaugurated

Kamala Harris is not yet nominated to contest the election, but has been endorsed by Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 13,396 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

He'll probably get remembered in Ireland for the deaths in Gaza.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I wonder who will be the VP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Kite flying for Hillary Clinton open convention.

Ready for Round 2: Why we Need Hillary more than ever

Clinton is a ready-made replacement. She possesses an unparalleled resume and an unmatched depth of experience. She has consistently redefined the roles she has served, from secretary of State and U.S. senator to first lady and Children’s Defense Fund attorney. Her extensive background in domestic and international affairs is not just impressive; at a time when global politics are increasingly volatile and complex, her experience is priceless. Her continued advocacy for children’s rights and health care—a topic of ever-increasing importance post-pandemic—adds another layer of appeal.  source

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

I recall Kamilla Harris comparing the riot in Capital Hill with Pearl Harbour and September 11th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Four threads on US politics in CA alone, what a time to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

A bit of common sense breaking through at last. She's a horrible option to put up against Trump, just hasn't got the tools to really do damage to him but maybe she's got all she needs……..she's a woman of colour and should live to see out one term in office at least.

I think the electorate just want an excuse to vote for anything remotely better than a man on the cusp of death or a fascist regime. Maybe Trump will be beaten back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

Disgraceful from Biden falling for all those far right conspiracy theories about his health being an issue and hi not being able to be a proper president because of it.You;d think he'd be the last person in the world to fall for such obvious conspiracies theories but I guess no-one is immune these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Well that's Trump getting back in then. I hope I'm proven wrong but I just can't see the US voting in a woman for president.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Trump needs to drop out now.

He is senile, talks nonsense, spreads complete disinformation, and was almost shot dead last week - his speech at the convention showed he is not right in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,721 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Makes no difference. I'd batter any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭micar

Sad for Biden but he's done the right thing.

Trump will be worried now….I hope Harris kicks his ass.

Bring on the next debate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

need to act fast and basically go on a 4 month roadshow no matter who the new candidate is

It takes a certain level of intelligence to understand the bigliest of speeches. Not many have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Joe Biden has publicly backed Kamala to be President multiple times

She is now 2/1 to be President in the betting !.;There are no other contenders. That's a big bump over Joe already!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

Right decision from Biden,I wish him well in his retirement. Will always be remembered for stopping the orange man in 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭riddles

Biden managed to air brush Harris out of his tenure and now he’s endorsing her. A more competent candidate is clearly needed.

Didn't he say only God Almighty could oust him?

God saved Trump, and ousted Biden. This is American politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Soc_Alt

Trump is guaranteed the election no matter if Biden stayed or is replaced by anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭20silkcut

in fairness this country has basically outsourced its fundamental security and a huge chunk of its economic security to the US so yes it’s not surprising .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭Shoog

2:1 is fairly crap odds in what will be effectively a 2-horse race. That would almost be getting to "shock if she won" territory……….

BRING BACK BERNIE. Might be a bit of competition then. An easy win is no good to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 83,120 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Now it's Joever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,440 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

He should have done this month's ago. Not sure Harris is a good option. She doesnt poll well.

All Eyes On Rafah

Advertisement