Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice President Kamala Harris vs Donald Trump 2024

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,630 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The point is she doesn't, that's just MAGA propaganda for the dumb. Already discussed on the thread and discredited.

So what is the the dumb idea? What Harris actually said, or the lies that MAGA Republicans spin about it? Well, they seemed to have duped you.

You'll be asked to support your ridiculous claims with evidence and you'll deflect with drivel about popcorn or another question. It's all a joke to you and it shows in the nonsense you post.

What Harris actually said was we need to redirect resources from the police to social programmes aimed at reducing crime long term. So what was the dumb idea and who was fooled by it?
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/harris-2020-redirect-resources-police/story?id=112378103

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,167 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Whoops, influencer who bought an interview from Trump with a cybertruck - and a Rolex- accidentally admits his questions were all prescreened and pre-vetted

https://www.mediaite.com/news/pro-trump-host-adin-ross-said-on-camera-he-got-questions-pre-approved-for-trump-interview/

Trumps handlers are apparently engaged in elder abuse, trying to hide the extent of his cognitive decline.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yup. Had forgot to note that eternal fallacy that won't F Off: that good CEOs make good political leaders; the allure of Trumps myth of being this impeccable businessman no doubt also played into people's misplaced instincts that a hard nosed CEO would whip the country into shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,587 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Are we back to the baseless name calling because ypu havent left the playground yet?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,143 ✭✭✭✭briany

I think you might be a bit into this woman, and that's OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,575 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

But without trying to misrepresent her, her essential argument was as I heard it once was that she could socially engineer police away by redirecting budgets. nice utopian "ideas" but not heard a logical path from how to get from A to B . I mean if her ideas were to demolish certain cities and start again or something radical it would have made waves but just a generic wanting to reduce police spending before proving any changes work doesnt seem very smart

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,143 ✭✭✭✭briany

I don't even know what 'kinky Kamala' is supposed to mean. Weird nickname.

Explain how one gets from A to B , its all magical ideas, if we do this then this will happen

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,138 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Not sure about it either. Meanwhile weird barely covers Trump:

• Advertisement

that’s basically it. It was establishment “war hawk” Clinton with Pokemon go to the polls and pandering bottles of hot sauce vs. anti establishment shakeup, with the motto “what do you have to lose?” And now the vast majority of the electorate know what they had to lose and it was a lot. The last 3 election cycles have proven that Trumpism has been in decline ever since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

I'm not seeing any sign of engineering away the police… I love the way you said that you didn't want to misrepresent her then immediately did so....

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/07/26/politics/kfile-kamala-harris-praised-defund-the-police-movement-in-june-2020/index.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Sort of but it was just a sound bite. Her point was that reeducation/retraining of police forces, adaptions to their tactics could be useful in lowering crime as it has been elsewhere. Same for directing more money at education, typically higher education in a populace leads to a lowering of crime rates. These are reasonable, justified through experience of other districts, ideas and proposals. They are not dumb. listening to one statement and using it to represent a whole policy might be construed as either misrepresentation (intentional or not). As far as I am aware, she actually increased funding for community policing and her policy was actively for more cops on the beat, i.e. community policing.

As predicted, completely unable to defend your own claims, you respond with another question. You can't stand over your own claims, so I think we can conclude they are without foundation and without merit.

The onus is entirely on you - you were the one making the claim, when it seems like you don't even know what she said, and have just been duped by MAGA misinformation propaganda. That's entirely on you too.

In some US cities, as Harris calls out, one third of the budget goes on policing, and schools and other social programmes are underfunded.
    It requires zero magic to call that unsustainable, and likely to have negative social consequences elsewhere.
    And this is not some magical idea either, it is being put into practice in US cities with initiatives.

Also, if you're so bothered about such things, where are your posts on Trump's gaffes and "magical ideas"?
    So don't pretend for a minute these are serious accusations against Harris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I assume the poster has chosen that particular slur because they havn't gotten any since the Bush Administration. Pun not intended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

The only way it makes any sense is in an alternate universe where Trump wears a
    “Make ‘Merica Alliterate Again” cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 notsoobtuse

I know I'm probably under some double secret shadow ban but I'll still post my thoughts as it won't matter because nobody will see it anyway.

With Harris' pick of Walz for VP our lovely mainstream media has fervently gone into Operation Put Lipstick On A Pig, trying to sell voters on the idea that an insanely liberal (by US standards) politician is actually a 'centrist.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,959 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Between Kinky Kamala and Walz having a couch like that there'll need to be plenty of plastic sheeting laid down before any possible debates. I doubt Trump or Vance would be able to control themselves at all.

not sure what you are saying but based on the clip below she is just a "magical thinker" telling some Dem voters what they want to hear, I'd put her at 1st year sociology level

https://twitter.com/NoVA_Campaigns/status/1816878901185892579

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭thatsdaft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,041 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Jesus, the fear mongering is off the charts! 😂

You'd think they'd be happy with them letting convicted felons walk free, after all....

😂

The bang of desperation is awful.

”HELL ON EARTH”

At least they’re suddenly taking global warming seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭thatsdaft

Wait the “Kamala is too tough in criminals” has now mutated to “Kamala will make convicted criminals walk”?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Weren't you the guy who was accusing posters of being low testosterone about a week back? I'm not sure if I'd be the most confident in your conclusions on the intelligence of anyone. Do you think Donald is an intellectual? 😂

I don’t think Kamala’s DOJ will let Trump walk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Walz seems incredibly normal middle America. Teacher, farmer, blue collar worker, and guardsman

Vance is a weirdo who puts on eyeliner and worries if Mountain Dew is too racist to drink - and the type of person you don’t want to leave alone around your furniture

This was the contrast last year between Walz signing a school free lunch bill and Sanders signing child labor back into law:

Another link? You're completely unable to support your claims in your own words.
    What do you think she means in the clip you linked and what's magical about it? In your own words.

1st year sociology level? She was a DA. Your claims have no standing. She has been through the system. Zero magical thinking. You're not even trying to understand the position being expressed, because you have no interest in doing so, you're just looking for mud you can sling at Democrats. You have seized on one line out of context and that's it. You can't explain what is 'magical' about it, you haven't even tried.

Multiple posters have explained to you the concept she is putting out there. You don't engage with any of it.

This was put to you in the previous post:
    In some US cities, as Harris calls out, one third of the budget goes on policing, and schools and other social programmes are underfunded. It requires zero magic to call that unsustainable, and likely to have negative social consequences elsewhere. And this is not some magical idea either, it is being put into practice in US cities with initiatives.

Can you explain how a US city putting one third of its budget into policing will get more safety by putting more cops onto the street (that's a point made in the Twitter link you cited) ? Is that the best use of its resources? What's magical about suggesting resources be directed to other social programmes?

So you've made multiple posts in this line of attack and zero attempt made to engage with those points. Just playing 'dumb' instead, which is ironic, as that was the basic for your attack on Harris which was completely without foundation or merit. It says more about you than her, that's for sure.

I am saying your posts have no credibility, you pretend to be concerned about 'magical thinking' yet show zero regard when Republican engage in it. Can you point us to the posts where you criticise Trump and MAGA Republicans for 'magical thinking'? Or being 'dumb'? It's not like there's no shortage of material there.
    If it's something your claim to be concerned about? Well? Where are those posts?

So your posts are completely hypocritical and demonstrate obvious double standards. They amount to Republican propaganda dumps, and you can't even explain your points in your own words or support the ridiculous claims therein with evidence or explanations in your own words. You could have dug deeper yourself into the nuances of what she said.

But nope, easier to just dump there here without scrutiny isn't it?

Which explains why you seem to continually be duped by pro-Trump propaganda.

Are you clear on what I'm saying now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

99% of the stuff that Trump people are involved in is either idiotic, embarrassing or totally false. They didn't think that one through too well, did they.

Advertisement