Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice President Kamala Harris vs Donald Trump 2024

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

In fairness the majority of this yougov survey is good news for Democrats - but at the end it explores why the two are still neck and neck - interesting stats below- the basic needs of safety and security along with affordability are clearly high here- reassurance in these areas by both candidates is a must - and at present Trump leads on some of these areas

The number of Americans who say the country will become "more safe" if Trump is elected (41%) is 9 points higher than the number who say the same about Harris (32%) — though four in 10 say the country will become less safe under either candidate. Biden's dismal job approval rating — 39% approve, 55% disapprove — is still hurting rather than helping his vice president. A full 39% of Americans say the “cost of living” is the most important issue when thinking about next year’s election — the next closest is “democracy” at 17% — and a plurality think Trump (45%) would do a better job handling affordability than Harris (40%). A similar plurality — 43% to 37% — believe Trump would do better than Harris on crime. While Harris has an 18-point advantage over Trump on abortion — an issue that featured prominently at the DNC — just 6% of Americans say it’s their most important issue.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/new-yahoo-newsyougov-poll-a-huge-surge-in-democratic-optimism--but-no-big-bounce-for-harris--after-the-dnc-194934515.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAA8jCCb1gCblsASm17j8CEIcYSl191oldfRDchj6KicZjQ-B6MjHS7C_Gv81pLE1Kp6dRvCu8zf3FMguQSnoncRjU2i70WxpCB9kcbX0NHVKB7JQUgcAEAPIzptkSA2-zZNZMUjdQKnqvaXFjcvPBuEPOTZcXgS4B6DcHAHdInVA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭abff

I think (and I certainly hope) that the difference this time is that we know a lot more about Trump whereas he got a lot of benefit of the doubt back in 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭reclose

I hope Irish politicians never end up like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RickBlaine

I think we are facing the distinct possibility of heading into election day with only 1 or 2 points separating Trump and Harris in the polls, well within the margin of error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,647 ✭✭✭✭Water John

More stuff coming out about Vance and his links to far right ideologies;

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/aug/28/jd-vance-far-right-aide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭Shoog

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

it was never a dead cert Hilary would win. This is a myth that’s consistently repeated. Trumps victory was inside the margin of error in the swing states he won.

538 had him at 33% likely to win.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

it’s razor thing. Harris is 58% likely to win. Worth keeping an eye on that trend.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2024-election-forecast/

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RickBlaine

Yes, exactly. People misinterpret that likelihood all the time. 33% chance does not mean it won't happen. Put it this way, would you get on a plane that had a 33% chance of crashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,687 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

if Harris’s lead in the popular vote is genuinely that slim I think trump wins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,120 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

MAGA is stealing identities of European influencers, especially women, sometimes multiple times, and creating US based accounts for them to pump pro Trump garbage:

https://cnn.com/cnn/2024/08/28/europe/fake-maga-accounts-x-european-influencers-intl-cmd

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/28/world/video/trump-maga-fake-social-media-digvid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Trump still leads on the key issues.

Economy and Immigration, if he sticks to that he wins in a landslide. Identity politics won't cut when it comes to the electorate's pocket.

As for Harris, all Trump needs to say is, why didn't you do it? repeat, repeat…

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Maxface

Time yet for Harris to get her message out there. It's early yet. All she has to say is, you had 4 years of presidency with part of it with the Senate and House and all you did was a tax break for your rich friends. She needs to lean into the notion that while she was part of the administration, she never led it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,120 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Major grocer admits to price gouging, confirming the need for Harris’ policy to combat price gouging.

https://www.newsweek.com/kroger-executive-admits-company-gouged-prices-above-inflation-1945742

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Name a Trump policy relating to them, please. Don’t avoid.

Name a policy, just one, just the one.

Sleepy joe isn’t running anymore pal, he seems to be living rent free in your head.

Democratic icon family…the family that have vocally supported Harris and distanced themselves from RFK, that family?

He was shot at by a republican.

You’re sounding a bit weird here.

Name a policy, just one.

The whole Kennedy family have gone against where he has gone, and have voiced support for Harris. You’ve no idea what you’re saying.

Trump is losing his own supporters, he isn’t winning any centre left fans…at all.

Trump was shot by a member of the Republican Party. This is a fact. There is no strong evidence on your part.

I haven’t posted a link.

You’re last paragraph, is weird.

Here you go, sweetheart. Use Google, save yourself the embarrassment.

Yes he donated to the Dems, he was also a registered republican. Which do YOU think shows more of an allegiance to? Hmmm?

I’m betting that Harris wins, Trump calls foul and you’ll lap it up like a good cult member. I can’t wait for the salty tears of Trump supporters, can’t wait!

If there is one group that is fanatical, it’s the ones who support a known convict and rapist.

Do you have evidence to support the first part? I won’t hold my breath on that one.

You’re trying to deflect, he was a registered republican, fact. He was not a dem, at all, you saying he was is making you really come across as bizarre.

Comrade Harris, get the boat.

Never said I supported Crooks ever, you can check that. You’re projecting anger now, calm yourself.

Can’t wait to see you here making excuses sweetheart, calling it a fraud and a sham. I’ll be working on my “I told you so” until then.

• Advertisement

I’m not asking how the voter system works, I asked for evidence, you’ve provided none, I’ll dismiss it without any as well.

Who cares if I am from America or not, I’m giving my opinion on a forum, if you don’t like it, ignore it.

Dems=murder supporters…get help.

You didn’t defeat Biden, he beat you 4 years ago. Get your tissues ready, then tears won’t stop I’m sure.

you’ve answered your own question, he wasn’t beaten, he left the race. You aren’t very good at this.

I believe I can say what I want about this election, and about either candidate.

I haven’t posted a Twitter post…are you ok?

You’re using a blanket term and insinuating that all dems support murderers (he wasn’t a murderer, by the way). That’s pretty pathetic, you’re losing ground here.

I can’t wait to hear all the excuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Rawr

The robotic repetition of «Victory» in some posts kind of echoes a creeping sense of dread that I suspect a lot of the MAGA cult may be encountering now. It’s also reminding me a lot of the silly chant Paula White was doing while Trump was losing last time.

I sense we’re in a for a very noisy couple of months if this dread continues to saturate Donnie’s support base. Upon a possible Harris win I also think we can expect months of Lindell-esque claims of stolen elections…like we did last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Another day, another night shift. This gets tedious. Sounds like all the same person, too.

In other news, Harris/Walz in a CNN interview 9p.m. Eastern tonight, so 2a.m. here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,454 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

It reads like some stupid teenage edge lord comment under a Youtube video.

This is the guy some people want as their President?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,546 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Wake up and there's 50+ new posts on this thread, 'oh some significant must've happened', nope just another rereg troll. Seriously, reddit manages to put on a minimum comment count and/or account age before being able to post in subs, what's stopping the mods implementing something similar here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,546 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Wrong thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Don't feed…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

The nightshift troll is something else.

It does give us a brief firsthand glimpse into how obsessed the MAGA cult is though, which is something that I haven't come across IRL.

I was about to say that I can't ever think that type of thing would happen in Ireland, but then I remembered family members that fell down the anti-mask/anti-science hole during covid and realised they're pretty close to each other, if not the same thing.

Mad stuff altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Cant wait to see what reallyrealdealmagadonaldtrumpforreal has to say tomorrow night

Advertisement