Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice President Kamala Harris vs Donald Trump 2024

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,179 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

How childish do you have to be to cheat at golf rather.

But listen, this entire 'he golfs good google it' angle came from a single infuriated user who was upset that Trump was being called up on his age showing, being out on the campaign trail even this very weekend still thinking he is racing to beat Joe Biden, a man who dropped out of the race, and trying to brag he could beat Biden in a golf game - it really doesn't matter if he could beat Biden in a golf game (as much as he plays vs Biden, he should hope so), the weird part is that Trump is acting like this is important to Americans and the direction for the next 4 years, and it just looks like a senior moment, like a braggadocios grandad telling stories to impress the grandkids.

“He said ‘I can’t believe how good you are,'” Trump boasted. He added, “I helped him a lot…I was always a nice athlete, a really good athlete. But I don’t want to brag.”

He later said, “I can hit the crap out the ball!”

The ex-president then went on to reference his golf rivalry with his former 2024 election opponent — President Joe Biden.

“Joe Biden challenged me to a round of golf!” Trump said incredulously.

He went on to brutally mock the president’s swing by hunching over dramatically, and taking a short, pained hack at an invisible ball — drawing laughter from the crowd. Trump then re-upped his challenge to his successor.

“I’ll give you 10 strokes a side,” Trump said. “I’ll give you 10 on the front, 10 on the back. I’ll give you 20 strokes. I’ll give you $1 million if you can beat me. He has no chance. No chance.”

Meanwhile Kamala is running circles around him while he goes golf-brained:

https://www.mediaite.com/news/new-poll-kamala-harris-popularity-soars-8-points-in-single-week-now-has-1-favorability-rating-compared-to-trumps-16/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,642 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

And all those criticisms are on the thread or forum. Are you pretending they are not?

Trump brought it up at an election rally and slagged Biden off via golf... if you think its childish yes it is. And we are pointing out how childish it makes Trump look. So his fans have no comeback.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Those are some serious hoops you are jumping there to try to justify his fecklessness.

When Trump golfed he went to Florida or New York to do it and charged the Government millions to do it.

He could have golfed in Washington where all the other Presidents golf, but then he couldn't have grifted money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,146 ✭✭✭✭briany

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-trends/2015/05/07/family-size-among-mothers/#:~:text=Among%20mothers%20near%20the%20end,a%20bit%20smaller%2C%20on%20average.

And aside from that, according to the above research, it is African-American and Hispanic families which have the most kids on average in the USA. Somehow, I couldn't really see the CRT/DEI heads in the Republican base being thrilled about policies which would give minorities more of a say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,667 ✭✭✭✭Water John

You see, golf unlike most others, is a game of trust. Snooker is another that comes to mind. Iv'e played front row rugby, a place known for its dark arts, it's part of its game, for a better term.. The only rule there is, not to get caught by the referee, just play the innocent with him/her. Off the pitch I would operate a totally different set of ethical behaviours. Golf and snooker don't get played like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Mate, you are digging deeper. I never said you said the Dems caused January 6th, but you are trying to pull them into it, when the dems had absolutely nothing to do with it. I repeat, nothing. It was all Trumps doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Redliketoast

Do you think I'd get much for attributing blame to Trump for Jan 6th? What about calling him a sex offender? What aboutbwhen I said that he says a lot of vile disgusting horrible stuff and that I hope he doesn't get reelected?

I'm not sure I'd be what they are looking for.

As I said, I just don't like the hypocrisy of saying the that the Dems and the left haven't don't anything bad. It's a lot of finger pointing and "how dare you" instead of acknowledgement.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

At the very least Trump, knowing they were his followers, could have acted Presidential and called them off. All evidence, at a best case scenario for him says that he seen it unfolding and said f*ck it, let em at it.

Secondly, he is a sex offender.

Not sure what the point of this post was. Doing bad things seems par for the course in the US but playing childish games saying the Dems done this to justify Trump doing that is just childish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Just on presidential golf, always been fascinated by the Eisenhower 'golf course' at Camp David. Just the one green, with 4 different tee boxes designed by Bobby Jones. Some pics and satellite imagery here.

https://aboutcampdavid.blogspot.com/2010/08/camp-david-golf-course.html

I am talking about a man in his 70s using golf as a means of recreation and exercise. Regardless of his job. It is used as a stick because he is Donald Trump. The fact that you ignore the point regarding the current Presidents 11-4 work days speaks volumes. If yiu have ever played golf you would know most of the time you are probably finished by 11 anyway. Sure Biden is only getting up at that stage. But yea Trump is something bla bla.

Me mentioning my grandfather was to give context to a man in his 70s and what a work out regime is like for such a person. If you weren't obsessed with the measuring contest, you might have caught that.

As for the allegation. If you need to be told the point again, you clearly are not looking to have a grown up conversation about it.

Could what Trump said on Jan 6th have led to the riots? Yes!!!

Could What the dems and msm said about Trump have led to an assassination attempt in order to stop the end of democracy? Do you really need me to tell you the answer if, of course!!

People on here are so quick to get offended "what do you mean the dems are.justbas bad". I literally posted a post of quotes from dems who joked about assassinating Trump!

Just go to the assassination thread and the first couple of pages are full of disgusting posts laughing about it. People joking that they can't stop smiling that a human being was shot. A family watched as their grandfather, their father, their friend, their husband get shot and almost die on live television.

I legit don't want him to get elected. You don't need to believe that (I am giving context). But there is a difference between not wanting someone to be elected, and joking about someone being murdered. Yet the dems dont have the same mentality as the republicans. How dare I say you are alike.

But I am 1 billion per cent sure this post will receive no recognition. You lot will ignore it just like the last time I said it. That is why I again say both sides are the exact same.

Denial is not exclusive to republicans.

• Advertisement

You're twisting in the wind again,

I just don't like the hypocrisy of saying the that the Dems and the left haven't don't anything bad.

Not one soul has made this argument. It's an unconvincing strawman presented in bad faith, trying to both-sides the issues to dismiss these criticisms of Trump/MAGA as "the same" as Democrats and therefore irrelevant.

How have I pulled them into Jan 6th? I never mentioned them in relation to Jan 6th. Not once. I did blame Trump and technically he was a democrat but that's a stretch.

Maybe you mean because the dems joked about murdering Trump and have ran a campaign based on fear that he will end everyone's freedom if he gets elected. Maybe it's "vital" that he doesn't get elected wink wink.

Is that what you mean? Are you denying the dems said anything that could have put his life in danger?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Not sure where you get the 11-4 work days for Biden. Have ya a different source?

So the fact Trump had the shortest working day of any president since FDR and you fail to see that and instead criticize Biden and quote some 11-4 figure…. speaks volumes.

I am talking about a man in his 70s using golf as a means of recreation and exercise. Regardless of his job. It is used as a stick because he is Donald Trump. 

Trump literally campaigned in 2016 by attacking the amount of golf Obama played and promising, as President, to play less golf than Obama. He played far more. He invited all the criticism he has gotten for his golfing antics, having played a heavy role in politicizing his golf.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-obama-golf-235217

Donald Trump regularly assailed President Barack Obama for playing golf, then spent the first weekends of his own presidency doing just that. He attacked Obama for using Air Force One to campaign, and did it over the weekend just a month into the job. He mocked Obama for heading out of Washington at taxpayer expense, but appears to have no qualms about doing so himself.

One month in, Trump is using the presidency to boost his political and personal goals — not breaking laws or ethics rules, experts say, but ignoring his past criticisms and vows.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2019/07/10/trumps-golf-trips-could-cost-taxpayers-over-340-million/

Let me know since you mentioned it earlier: how much has Kamala's daily exercise routine cost the US taxpayer as Vice President? How many games of golf has she played?

And again, does Trump realize he's not racing to beat Joe Biden in a game of golf?

Trump in 2016:

Trump in 2024:

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/i-can-hit-the-crap-out-of-the-ball-trump-goes-on-bizarre-tangent-about-his-golf-game-during-rally-brutally-mocks-bidens-swing/

He's completely given up on pretending to voters he will "work his ass off" and "won't have time for golf" and instead just gets lost talking about and obsessing over golf rather than focusing on running a presidential campaign with any seriousness.

Your last paragraph makes sense because you obviously don't see the point. Seems to be around here that nobody takes words for face value. There always has to be am alterior motive.

I agree with your first paragraph. I have said those words (or versions) tens of times in this forum alone. Also no argument with the second paragraph. Again I've said that in the very post you replied to.

The point is that I keep hearing that dems as nowhere near as bad as republicans. It's this divide where people who are anto Trump look down on pro trumpers. They treat it as the anti Trump side are completely innocent and have never done anything as bad.

I pointed out that months long riots took place when Trump git elected. That was laughed at and the post thanked. People accused me of making it up. Google literally exists. People died as a result of country wide riots. It wasn't a one day insurrection, it was several months worth of rioting.

I pointed out that the stuff said about hitler and the end of democracy was inflammatory but people deflect it because some how it's justified if we think the guy is a republican even though he also supported the democrats.

All along I have never said the democrats are to blame. I never said they are worse than the Republicans. I have never used actions to justify other actions. I have never said the republicans or Trump were right for anything they were accused of.

My sole point was the lack of accountability by the dems and the left . The republicans are held accountable. We know they are. Look atbthe judge (mendez) just last week. If he was a republican we would be for sure talking about his crimes. The double standard that takes place in msm and right here.

Even the idea that they are they same is apparently controversial. It's like you lot think republicans are not human. It's weird.... you know the word Trump uses about Harris' laugh and Harris uses about Trump. But again they are not the same.

My sole point was the lack of accountability by the dems and the left . The republicans are held accountable. We know they are.

"Google exists"

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/anthony-weiner-sentenced-21-months-prison-transferring-obscene-material-minor

https://apnews.com/article/menendez-bribery-trial-jury-deliberations-bab89b99a77fc6ce95531c88ab26cc4d

https://www.wfmj.com/story/51094188/democrat-running-for-congress-in-trumbull-county-sentenced-to-jail-after-election

https://marylandmatters.org/2024/05/23/former-prosecutor-mosby-gets-probation-for-perjury-false-claims-convictions/

etc. etc. etc.

Another one of your arguments that's based on yet another entirely false premise.

Trump fomented a coup, raped at least one woman (if not several), is convicted of 34 counts of fraud, allegedly cheats at golf, and he's the oldest nominee for president in history - etc. etc. etc. - and is one half of the topic of the thread, not your all-encompassing and needlessly broad attempts at whataboutery.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The point about Trump and Golf is twofold.

Firstly , when he was in office he only golfed at his own properties which required several days travel and where he charged the Government massive sums of money so he could travel to his own courses to play. There is a course connected to a Military base within easy access of the WH where Obama and other "golfing" Presidents all played, but Trump never went there.

And secondly he lies about his golf endlessly. He claims to be the club champion at all of his courses, he even recently claimed to have won the club tournament without even playing in it by submitting a scorecard " from a round he'd played earlier in the week" that just happened to be the winning score.

His inability to tell the truth and his pathological need for validation and adulation tells you everything you need to know about his character and his utter unsuitability for office.

Nope not trying to say anything is irrelevant. I'm saying that it's weird that you are talking like it's irrelevant. It doesn't even seen odd that people on here laugh about murder. Yet the republicans are evil.

Roll call is a great web site. It literally gives you a breakdown of each of his days. At the moment his days are limited for obvious reasons. But you can go back through the calendar. I'm sure chat gbt could help as well.

The 11 to 4 quote comes from his press sectary explains that most of his meetings are kept between those hours as a reason not to be worried about his decline.

As for Trump, again google is your friend, he held most of his meetings on golf courses. Also if you think golf starts after 4pm you have never golfed. You need daylight. Try reading more than one source when you research these things. Not trying to offend, confirmation bias does cloud at times.

The 11 to 4 quote comes from his press sectary explains that most of his meetings are kept between those hours as a reason not to be worried about his decline.

Since google exists this will be easy to provide evidence for, your burden of proof.

Not whataboutary to point out hypocrisy. You literally used age as a negative against him when you lot told us for 12 months that bidens age wasnt an issue.

But yea there is no hypocrisy

Not to even mention the fact you are trying to use "cheats at golf" as something against him. Fn hell lad that is some reach. An allegation that someone once saw that someone said that they heard Trump cheats at golf.....

Trump is a rich business guy who owns loads of golf resorts. Don't you think all the hours of golf he has played may have made him good at the game. Not to even point out the pros he has played with.

Not that golf has any relevance to being president.

On a side note with the graphic about, surely Obamas work hours were not that low. I recall that he used to work into the night. But that's just a thought fart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

”Technically he was a democrat”.

That’s not a stretch, that’s stupid.

This is where it originates. A source told the times that Bidens meetings don't really start until after 11am. He also takes a nap during the day.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/02/us/politics/biden-lapses.html

A source… we've gone from the Press Secretary to Google to a paywalled article.

If as you say Trump had most of his meetings on Golf courses, an average of 6 hours a week (your figure) does that mean the 47.6 hours on his official work week was just bullshit?

Help me here, most of his meetings (most meaning more than 50%) was on the golf course (6hrs a week) so he worked no more than 12hrs a week or 1.7hrs a day?

No it was a stretch to say democrats were involved just because Trump wss a democrat.

He was. Not knowing he was is the only part that is stupid.

Funny part is that he (the real him) is probably closer to democrat than Harris is.

Wow that's a lot of reaching you are doing.

Firstly if you cant bypass a pay wall then let's just say there are ways. Normally at this point I would have just pmd you but I'm feeling a little targeted in here these days so you'll have to excuse the going the extra mile.

You may recall after the debate the press sectary told the media that biden was fine there are arrangements made tonesse the burden of his work day etc. This was an aside to the NY times article.

The 6 hrs avg per week relates to a golf game which can take up to about 4 hrs. Given the hrs the you or someone gave, it works out at approx 6 hrs per week. Give or take.

With golf meetings it doesn't end on hole 18. It doesn't start on hole 1.

IIf these meetings start before what you say his work day is, then that means he is working hours outside what you displayed. I know you may need a moment to work that one out.

If I said *most then I apologise. I'm sure you wont see the honesty in it but what I meant was MOST of his golf was likely meetings. Not most of his meetings were at golf...... I mean I thought it was clear but I have been wrong before. Haha that's another things you won't here dem posters on here say

Trump is a rich business guy who owns loads of golf resorts

He has his name on a lot of golf resorts yes but he also bankrupted a casino of all things ran up trillions and trillions in deficit (he promised to eliminate all publicly held debt in his first term, ROFL) and now hasn’t actually released a disclosure about how much he is worth in years now, so we can’t really say how rich he is anymore, if he even is rich - look at poor Rudy. Trump could be days from bankruptcy and we wouldn’t know. Far from saying he’s rich or a billionaire.

hypocrisy is you (or one of your previous alts) repeatedly attacked Biden’s age now cry foul when Trumps age is even mentioned. I won’t take lectures in hypocrisy from another no name account that hasn’t even been registered for the length of time they want to bleat on about.

Proper missing the point their buddy

I mentioned that being a business guy (no issue with not using the word rich. Seems weirdly petty and shows that your view is tainted) who owns lots of golf resorts, he might have actually played at these golf courses!!! I mean I didn't think I had to spell it out for you.

IIt Would be like saying jerry Seinfeld has a huge range of luxury cars. So it's safe to say he might know how to drive....... not exactly a huge leap that he might have spent time driving.

He didn't do too bad with the US economy the first time around.

The age thing is only ironic when you say it's not a real thing until your guy doesn't have it as a negative. My previous alts? Are you suggesting that I had an account before? Sorry to burst your tinfoil bubble but nope.

I'm.not sure what you mean by a no name account. Do you mean your real name is actually overheal? That's awesome

I'm curious are they any records of these official business meetings Trump held on the golf courses?

I would assume being official government business it all has to be recorded and they would be official presidential office hours regardless of location?

Not sure what you’re getting at with him owning the courses unless you’re talking about the embezzling of taxpayer funds by charging the government through the nose to accommodate his play at those courses during his time as president, instead of government run courses with affordable security within the DC area.

Not sure how you mean he “didn’t do too bad” with the economy: he campaigned on criticizing Obama for not getting GDP above 3% annually, he promised GDP of 6% or more annually - he didn’t even deliver 3% annually. And that’s before covid, where the economy crashed and the cost of oil underwent inversion under his insane flip flop policies - at once threatening the Saudis to stop producing oil, and in another instance begging them to. Can you be more specific? Spell it out for everyone.

I don’t recall ever saying age isn’t a real thing. Who are the Alts you ran under in the 12 month time frame you want to make allegations about? Your account is only 7 months old. I’m not afraid of my record why are you afraid of yours? Fact is Trump is the oldest nominee for POTUS ever, spends more time golfing and talking about it than laying out his vision for the country or previously in office, doing anything for the country, and is regularly showing signs of cognitive slip ups. Meanwhile Biden has acknowledged his age and will step down in 6 months. Trump doesn’t appear as someone up to 4 years of being the President.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

I pointed out that the stuff said about hitler and the end of democracy was inflammatory but people deflect it because some how it's justified if we think the guy is a republican even though he also supported the democrats.

Trump made donations to get Kamala Harris elected, by your logic, does this make Trump a Democrat?

Advertisement