Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New gaming build

Options
  • 21-07-2024 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hello,

After a successful build 9 years ago with the help of this forum I return asking for your help once again.

This build will be for my 14 year old son for gaming (Fortnite, Minecraft, Asseto Corsa, COD, any other online titles)

He sometimes records himself playing.

Starting from scratch, I will use the previous build for myself.

What's the place to buy from online now?

We will probably need at least 3 SSD's (1 system, 2 game files, 3 storage) so need a PSU capable of handling that (he got a Corsair RM850e last Christmas as an upgrade to power a GTX970 and it can power 3 SSD's max)

Case size we can go all out, he has tons of space, Id rather get larger than smaller and have a limited choice of GPU's

He said he wants a steady 200 FPS on Fortnite as it goes up and down now, he also needs to drop the graphics to low on most games.

1. What is your budget? [€1500 max]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video Capture/Internet]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes - cheap key from ebay ]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No - PC will be repurposed]

5. Do you need a monitor? [2 screens would be great- happy to buy second hand - he has an Alienware 144Hz 27 inch now]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [27 and up]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [don't think so - he has a gaming mouse, keyboard, headphones]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [No]

8. How can you pay? [cash, card]

9. When are you purchasing? [can wait if there are deals to be had]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [no help needed]

Thank you for any help!

Post edited by ptyloch at

Advertisement