Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revez HDTS870 Combo Receiver

• 22-07-2024 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

I'm interested in buying the Revez HDTS870 Combo Receiver

What other equipment to I need with this to make it work? Does it need a satellite?

Are there any monthly fees or subscriptions involved?

Finally is it easy to install?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭decor58

It's a combo receiver, so it can receive Saorview and satellite channels, to do that an aerial for Saorview and a dish for satellite would be needed.

The main channels RTE, VM, BBC, ITV, C4 and C5 are available free to air, so no subscription is required. There are about 60 + reasonable channels available fta, plus a load of +1 channels, none of the main sports channels are available fta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭gluppers

Thanks for reply

I'd consider getting a satellite and aerial installed

Is this an illegal source of TV?

Is it possible such a service could become inoperable after a few years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭decor58

For best results an aerial and a dish would be best.

No, if it is just used to receive the FREE TO AIR channels you are not doing anything illegal.

The satellites currently in use are expected to be in service for about 5 years more, what will happen then is anyone's guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭swoofer

Its not easy to instal the dish, aerial and cabling. that box you are thinking of buying is pretty poor but if you are strapped for cash then it may do, To get dish installed etc its about 150-200 euro could be more and you need a clear view of the sky looking in a south east direction. where are you located roughly, dont say country or urban. say location, eg im in clare.

The channels you will get are uk bbc1 itv ch4 ch5 and quite a few others, movies, news, kids etc. Id say 10 years but the uk are pushing bb to the home big time and may be less. With that current big IT outage they may have to keep a backup.

Hi thanks for reply. Located in west Dublin. The house is ideally located for south east access

So all in all it's not a bad TV solution?

Also is there a particular box you'd recommend?

• Advertisement

Recommending a box is depends on viewing habits. I would need to know more about your requirements to recommend a box, eg do you want to record programmes, do you want 7 day epg guide etc.

Thats a good location, do a google on sat installers dublin

in the meantime here is one and it does your receiver as well

freesat.ie

Also, tony on here deserves a mention but away until 30th July

https://www.satellite.ie/acatalog/What-is-on-free-to-air-saorview.html

Thanks for that. To be honest, I'm not worried about recording facilities or smart card inserts etc. I would hope that it would be easy to fit in a new box in 2 years for example if I change the requirements

Its not that simple, but with planning you could be future proof. The box you like uses only one sat cable, a better option is 2 cables, so for you the installer may use a single lnb and then if you need to upgrade you need a new lnb, and then if your new box is like sky q that requires a different lnb as well but after 2 years you may have entered the world of IPTV.🤣

Advertisement