Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Service v Civil Service

• 22-07-2024 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me the difference, as in pay and annual leave? I'm currently a TCO in public service and AL is only 22 days, even though I'd previous service :( Is Civil Service more? I'm on a panel for Civil Service at the mo. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Depends on the position, you should be able to find it in the information/candidate booklet for the position. Leave in the public service is very much dependent on the specific role and where you work. Civil service will just depend on the job title and time there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Ted222

Public service covers all bodies of state employment. Civil service is really a subset of public service/sector.

Civil service has its own rates which are publicly available.

Other public sector bodies have their own pay rates which differ depending on the organisation

Advertisement