Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brass Plumbers?

• 22-07-2024 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭

Guys, I need an off cut, please 😐️ Pardon my measurements. But, about 2" or so of 1 1/2" brass pipe. Yeah? Only, one end needs to be threaded, to accept a ~ I have it here ~ 40.5mm end cap.

It's for a 'decorative' project. But, used is fine. I wouldn't even know what sort of plumber I need to look for. Pub Plumber? Scrap Metal Dealer? 😁 No one local. Is there a place one might send for these things, please? Any leads welcome. Search terms? PM's fine too.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

brass pipe isn’t commonly used.
    would a brass nipple work for what you need.? Google barrel nipple - it might be close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭Stigura

@Lenar3556 I think I'm gonna have to sleep on this one.

Then, start shopping for Brass Nipples.

They're not '*exactly*' what I'd envisaged. But, as ye imply; Good luck with finding brass pipe! Of course, ye dead right. I never realised that. Go to a pub. Brewery. Steam engine? What ever? Yeppers. Brass joints and bends. Copper pipes! 😑 Bugger.

Yeah. Not to say such a bit of pipe doesn't exist? But, yeah; I've heard as much said of Leitrim.

Thanks 👍️

You could maybe use the nipple in conjunction with a brass female socket. The nipple would screw into the socket.

Whoaah! A What?!

That sounds exciting. ….. Oh, yes! Just looking at some. There's got to be possibilities amongst those variations.

Yeah. The more I think about it?

I might pop back up, looking for advice on thread size things to look out for. It's an organic sort of project, anyway. The aesthetic is to be just that. I've wiggle room. Just need to watch the top diameter. Height too has bit of lee way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

• Advertisement

Would it be suitable for the production of alcohol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭10-10-20

A desk top Debowler 🙂

In case ye not familiar? Basically, an 'ash tray' with a spike sticking up. Ye dig ye pipe bowl on the spike. Ash falls into bowl.

Now, go 'steampunk' on the idea, with a thrown in brass fetish! 😂

That's a cracking idea, mate! Only; If even such a place had such a thick lump of bore (Trying to thing what instrument could necessitate it) I'd still, then, need to get it threaded ….. 😬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The funniest innuendo thread in ages? 😂😂😂

• Advertisement

😂I was trying, desperately, to keep it sensible. But, when I searched " Barrel Nipples ", all the pictures were fuzzed out completely.

I'm like; " This is no good! I want to see these! (Click / Christ!) No, I don't! " 🤣

Seriously though; This really is very much for real. It started out as just a bit of musing. I ran it past a mate. It got legs! I've already got the spike. Got that in from Turkey! Never occurred to me that I might be able to buy bits, just like I bought my end cap.

I guess it's entirely possible that the place I bought the end cap may well have the other couple of bits we're discussing here. It'd just be a possible matter of seeing a better exact style, elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Took me a a fair bit of effort not to make a comment about tooting horns in a musical shop… but there we are now - it's done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

You might get something you are looking for on Francis Street. Try a couple of the shops that might have a piece paying around. There's also a fireplace restorer that might have something.

I got some brass about six years ago, from a place somewhere on the Naas road, but I can't remember the name of them. I also looked at these guys at the time, https://www.amari-ireland.com/Contact/Default.aspx

Aliexpress probably a good bet too.

@Citizen Six That's amazing! Thanks! 😁

Non driver. In Leitrim. So, I've at leased emailed Amari, anyway 🤞

Bum. Heard from Amari. Unfortunately, not. But, they are a Huge outfit. Geared toward 'Contracts', I'd have thought?

Anyway, I'm hoping to be able to hit the local shop again, today. If I don't get banned, for telling the young girl behind the counter I want to see her nipples, I'll see what takes my eye. Wonder if I might show her my little poker? Maybe I'll just talk to Eustace :|

Advertisement