Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grand Canal - Clondalkin

• 22-07-2024 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi,

I am wondering does anyone cycle around this area? Looking to buy a new build that runs along the canal and read an old thread from 2018 about loads of trouble here. Is it still the same? Any muggings/bike robberies recently?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Bluejohn1

When I lived in Clondaklin(Hazelwood), I'd either come up by Adamstown or by Baldonnell and get on at lock 12 on the northside. So you skip most of the estates. Still feels a little ropey, as close by to the lock is used for drinking at a certain spot, lots of horses around on the bank when I did it a few times. Then at the Hazelhatch bridge you switch to the south side.

Sorry if the question is more about commuting townwards. I wouldn't have any experience with using the canal in that direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

I cycle this route at random times, day, night, early, late, mid meek, weekends, perhaps once every two weeks.

I see people walking dogs, families, cyclists and an increasing number of scooters.

I never see trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Gerry

I've been using it twice weekly from spring onwards. Not seen any trouble but I wont be using it if its dark or getting dark.

Advertisement