Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottled water that doesn't have lime in it

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭feelings

Massive limescale buildup after 5 litres of bottled water? You're obviously having a laugh. 🙄

I presume you can drink de-ionised water? No minerals and not recommended, Tesco have it for about 3 EUR for 2.5L bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

There wasn't a massive amount of limescale after one boil, after about three or four boils it started to build up.

I can drink water with limescale in it but it's the tea that is made from it I don’t like.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,613 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Your kettle should have a mesh filter at the spout to stop any floating lime bits

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I have a dehumidifier and it produces copious quantities of distilled water. Unfortunately it also gets some of the dust that's in the air in it as well that somehow slips past the filter on it. I filter that out with some very fine 450 mesh stainless steel mesh and it ends up crystal clear.

I use this in my espresso machine as my well sourced water is so hard you can almost trot a mouse on it and would have destroyed it in no time.

Aliexpress have a multitude of water/alcohol distilliation apparatuses available which would sort your tea making requirements.

Limescale won't stick to gold. Tefal used to make a kettle where the bottom was gold plated, and it works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

The water softener has been repaired and since I started using the new water filter as well the water in the kettle is crystal clear, not a bit of lime to be seen. When it is boiling it makes a normal sound now instead of the crunching and rumbling that was coming from it when the lime was in it.

I have no issue with people who prefer lime in their water, it's just my personal preference not to have it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement