Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Making a claim against a Wakam insured driver

• 23-07-2024 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭

I want to make a claim against a driver, who reversed into my parked car. I don't want to claim on my insurance. Their insurance disk shows Wakam as insurer. Wakam website shows "Insured, we respond to you by email at claims.support@wakam.com or by phone at +33 1 86 76 73 13. "

I need to get a claims reference number for the crash repair people to give a quote.

I emailed the address and got no reply after 24 hours. (that was claims.support@wakam.com )

Rang the phone number on the website and was told claims are only accepted by email, and that's not the email address!

They told me "materiel@wackam.com". I am still waiting on a reply to that.

Can anyone suggest better/correct contact details?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Have you made contact with the other driver and if so, did they report the accident to Wakam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ants09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

Time to visit your local Garda Station

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

And also report the matter to

https://www.mibi.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,531 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

TL:DR Not all Wakam policies, certs and discs are fake.

In case anyone jumps to the wrong conclusion, that CB article is warning people about an operator who is fraudulently using the Wakam name and issuing fake certs. The company is authorised to conduct business here, see link below.

OP got the phone number from the website he found, it wasn't given to him by the other driver. We do not know if the other driver did business with the impersonators or if he is genuinely covered by a legitimate Wakam policy.

http://registers.centralbank.ie/FirmDataPage.aspx?firmReferenceNumber=C55305

• Advertisement

Read the article from my link

"The clone entity deceived customers by purporting to underwrite motor insurance policies which were ultimately fake policies.  It used the following phone number when dealing with consumers: +33 1 86 767313."

The OP said "Insured, we respond to you by email at claims.support@wakam.com or by phone at +33 1 86 76 73 13."

"Rang the phone number on the website and was told claims are only accepted by email, and that's not the email address!"

"They told me "materiel@wackam.com". I am still waiting on a reply to that."

As for a search on the owner of wakam.com it says "Registrant Name: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY" why would a reputable insurance company withhold its name for privacy reasons as company searches are easily done etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭JVince

Most website names are redacted for privacy these days, or registered via a 3rd party company.

Totally and utterly normal.

They are, for want of a better word, a wholesale insurer.

Eg, if you owned a chain of shops and wanted your own brand insurance, you would have the cover underwritten by a company like wakam.

OP probably needs to find out the broker / retail name that sold the policy.

But not sure if it would be standard for the Wakam name to be on the disc.

Do a search on major insurance companies and the domain name is registered to them, it is not redacted

It is not totally and utterly normal for a big company which owns a domain to have the registrant name redacted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭JVince

First line of registration in relation to "registrant" (eg the entity that registered the name)

Information on telephone numbers and people's names are redacted as is normal.

Organization: LA PARISIENNE ASSURANCES

Guess what? This is the parent company.

And here's who they are

https://www.itcdiaeurope.com/featured-insurtechs/la-parisienne-assurances-preparing-its-partners-for-the-insurance-of-tomorrow/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭andublin

Update, just to give others the info:

(I went to the Garda station in Finglas, They refused to even take a report on the original collision.)

Wakam never responded except for an automated reply, and then to ask me to complete a customer satisfaction survey! I attempted more emails, same result for over a week.

I finally got an email from a crowd called Ornella Underwriting in Wexford, giving a claim reference number, and looking for details which had previously been sent to Wakam. "We . . confirm our interests as Managing General Agents for WAKAM" . The claim is still in progress.

www.ornellaunderwriting.ie , claims@ornellaunderwriting.ie

Ornella underwriting t/a Ornella underwriting, Ornella, Bump insurance, Patrona and Patrona Underwriting.

I hope that helps some other poor unfortunate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement