Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Olympic Games 2024

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭AJB39

RTE did show the Tom Cruise moment but on a tape delay when they returned from the ad break and then rejoined the closing ceremony live. I switched to Eurosport during the ad breaks and the speeches due to the lack of translation.

In general RTÉ’s coverage of the Olympics was good but there were way too many breaks during the fortnight. This resulted in them choosing to air some events not involving Irish athletes on a tape delay to avoid missing key moments due to the ads.

Post edited by AJB39 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Is the ‘Car man’ up on stage yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Always good to hear Public Enemy in any context, never mind Channel Four’s coverage… 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Needmoretea

Paralympics opening ceremony is quite good. Anyone watching? They're having better luck with the weather, the ceremony is taking place somewhere near the centre of Paris, and they're an the artistic bit now with a fella singing his heart out. I am not sure if this one will run over time. Need to get to bed early!

Great speech from Andrew Parsons. 🙂

Strength in difference, unity in difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Was watching a bit but there is only so much France I can take and then Christine from Christine & The Queens and I had to go. Nope. (I might have been put off by the time I saw her live, while I huddled under an awning, eating soggy chips in the rain at The Other stage with some friends while she yelled that male pigs are ruining the world for women)

I will certainly watch the sports! I got really into that during London 2012 and the excellent and informative coverage. Watched more of that than the regular Olympics. Not out of any patronising "Virtue signalling" (Am I using that right? :) ) but because I found it fascinating. The complex classifications etc. Then, their closing ceremony was better than the regular Olympics.

Team GB facing China in the Table Tennis final.

Good luck with that. 😁

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Timmy McCarthy having the same enthusiasm for wheelchair basketball as he does for LeBron and Steph Curry and the likes.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

He's going on about guillotines again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,750 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

where did all this calling it the closing "cer-em-oanie" bull spring from?

WTF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Didn't see that, but he's doing shoutouts to viewers during the women's gold medal match.

It's just brilliant. :D

‘Les Champs-Elysées’ 🙂

Needs more Gojira 😎

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

DJ Cut killer in the closing ceremony!

🙈🙉🙊

Hope we hear ‘Magic Fly’ by Space 🙂

Whenever I hear ‘Oxygene’, I immediately think of… 😀

The claw machine in Supermacs in Ballina used to play that.

Advertisement