Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motorized valves lever

• 23-07-2024 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hello,

In my hot press I've 3 motorized valves one says "hot water", another "up", and another says "down".

All have the lever in the same position as the photo.

This evening I decided to set the living room (downstairs) thermostat to 30degrees, and the bedroom thermostat (upstairs) to 5 degrees.

I turned on the heat (using the APT IMM24 timer) and all the radiators started getting hot.

Question: is the issue with the valves, or is the fact I have a basic controller, the APT IMM24 switch, that only allows to turn on or off, therefore I've no control over the zones (hot water, up, down) ?

I'm planning to replace the APT IMM24 timer switch with a Tado controller, and the current old thermostat with Tado ones, but I was testing the heating system before doing anything else.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

It could be stuck on or wired that way for whatever reason.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭John.G

With everything off check that there is a fairly stiff resistance on each of the three valve's manual levers when you start pulling them across from normal to flushing only, then with the downstairs set , check that to 30C and the upstairs set to 5C check that the downstairs (DOWN) lever is loose and easily pulled across the upstairs "UP" valve lever should still be a stiff resistance when pulling it across, if loose then the valve is incorrectly (IMO) programmed to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

The UP lever was slightly harder than the DOWN one. With the heat on, despite settong the thermostat one to 5C and the other to 30C, all radiators still got hot.

Was the UP lever still fairly hard to pull with the DOWN easy with the boiler on and UP set to 5C and DOWN set to 30C?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

Apologies for the delay in my reply.

The UP lever was just sligthly harder to pull when compared with the DOWN, and yes, UP was set to 5C and DOWN was set to 30C

• Advertisement

Well, if down (stairs) roomstat set to 30C and programmed on then the lever should be quite loose and easy to pull across and the UP roomstat set to 5C and even if programmed on, then that lever should relatively stiff to pull across but if the valve is open then it too should be loose and easy to pull across. With everything off then both levers should feel the same, ie, a fairly stiff resistance to pulling them across.

Advertisement