Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portrush open ticket ballot

• 24-07-2024 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭

question about this

Can I apply for tickets for multiple days and then only buy the tickets for 1 day if offered?

it says on website must buy all tickets offered but is that just for a particular day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭VW 1

You need to take whatever is offered, but there is an official resale platform that you can use to sell unwanted tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,602 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Pretty sure that you basically have to commit to what's offered, based on what you apply for

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Yep if you apply for 10 tickets in the ballot and are successful you have to purchase all 10 tickets or none at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,400 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Would anyone have an idea what chances of getting lucky in ballott. Like is it a 1 in 2 chance or 1 in 20?

I know it's very hard judge and it's based how many apply but just wonder how tough it really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭big_drive

Include a practice day and you'll have a good chance of getting what you are looking for

• Advertisement

Cheers.

I have actually done that so hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,426 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Anyone hear anything yet today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭dam099

Not yet, was coming here to check too. 🤞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭dam099

I’d barely finished posting above when I got the email.

Applied for Tuesday, Thursday and Friday but didn’t get the Friday, just the Tuesday and Thursday.

Still happy enough to get something given the demand.

Still hoping for an email myself, hopefully get 1 of the actual days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Got the email saying I'm successful, but the page won't load when I try to access my account.

Anyone else having difficulties?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭techdiver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Constant F5 on the website seems to have done the trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭techdiver

I can get in now.

Are tickets showing up in accounts? Or where does one see if they've been successful by checking the account?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

I'm still getting that error… have tried refreshing and logging out and in again, all to no avail..

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bener

Hi All, I got tickets for Wednesday and Thursday. Thinking of staying in the onsite camp site. Has one ever done this at the open before and would they recommend it? This will be my first time at the open. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭coillcam

Got an email earlier this afternoon. Link working this evening. Only went for 4x Sunday tickets but still came through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Got Wednesday, Thursday..applied for everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Redo91

Finally got through after getting the error message. Applied for Saturday and Sunday x2. Both Sunday tickets came in. Delighted with that.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I didn't get any email at all, think there's an issue with my email coming through. When you go to the Open Site, is there somewhere on your profile you can see if you were successful or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭newport2

Same with me, received nothing. Perhaps there will be a second round for the tickets that are offered to people and are not bought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Redo91

I think there’s 2 more ballots for tickets that aren’t purchased. I think it’s around the middle of September before all tickets will be allocated.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sorbet

Nothing here either which I guess means unsuccessful in first ballot. Details from their website on the dates of the subsequent ballots;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭coillcam

If you login, click the profile icon and then "my account" it will show if you have an offer available. Can only assume you won't have anything obvious on the page if unsuccessful or still pending...

Got email today and got mine. Just doing the Friday.

Still nothing but good to hear they're still being offered. There are 2 more ballots to go so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Beaulieu

Thanfully got Friday x 2 plus Tues practise which I went to in 2019 & was very enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭REFLINE1

Applied for one on Thur-Sun, got a Sunday ticket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Applied for tickets all week, was lucky it seems got 2 adults + 2 junior tickets for Mon/Tue/Wed/thurs.. planning to take the wed and thursday slots.

Advertisement