Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portrush open ticket ballot

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shank Williams

too late to join ballot? After starting this thread o forgot to register 🤡

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,426 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭plumber77

Got 2 tickets for the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Did you just find out today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,293 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I applied for Tuesday and Wednesday on the assumption that I might be lucky to get one day rather than both. Got both. I must look into it further but I can't seem to deselect Tuesday. Is it a case that you just don't pay for a day you don't require?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭techdiver

I believe there is no way way of picking of choosing. You either take your full allocation of surrender them all. That was what I read on the original ballot when applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭IAmTitleist

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭plumber77

No, only accessed account today. Got a couple of days ago with everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 killarney09

I have 2 spare tickets for the Monday Practice day if anyone would like them. Going for Face Value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭JVince

The idea was to encourage people to apply for the practice days and they got priority. Thus they get a strong turnout for the practice days.

I picked Wednesday + Thursday and got them. Plan to stay with friends in Moville and 3 of us camp in their garden and then take the Greencastle ferry to Magilligan. But now we're thinking it might be worth staying in the glamping village - old boys EP experience 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭techdiver

Regarding he camping/glamping, I see no way to book this and no information (apart from a downloadable pdf with prices), as to when they go on sale etc.

same here, I think it opens for booking next month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭dam099

It's already open, you register at below link:

https://www.stayattheopen.com/camping-register

They will then email you back if they still have spaces. Its a strange process compared to most online bookings I've done.

I filled in that form online, a while later (was about a day) they emailed back proposal form(s) (separately for the camping cost and £100 security deposit) which I needed to sign and return within 24 hours, then about a day later they emailed invoices and a link to pay them within a further 48 hours. Was the same when we did for St. Andrews in 2022.

What was it like at St Andrews.

Decent bit of craic ? Worth doing over a hotel or friends place an hour away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭big_drive

I was at Troon this year on the Wednesday & Thursday. Actually ended up enjoying the practice day on the Wednesday better. The players are more relaxed, the crowds are still huge but more manageable to get up close to shots, you still see savage golf being played. And everything is open such as shops, entertainment, etc. So for anyone who got tickets for practice days don't worry one bit, in my opinion you still very much get the whole package. The only issue possibly could be if you have a favourite player who you'd like to see and they weren't doing a practice round that day for whatever reason. The range and putting green are great spots to hang out too, you get to watch a lot of players up close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭dam099

It was good, nothing too wild but a good buzz about the place.

Facilities were good, proper toilets in portacabins and decent shower area.

Given the mad prices for hotels definitely worth it over those.

The location at St. Andrews was also ideal, the campsite was literally right across from the main entrance and as the course is in the town everthing was a short walk away. For Portrush they mention a "short" shuttle ride from campsite to course so not sure how far they mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭redhill

it was at Coleraine University last time I think, 3 miles or so away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭madalig12

I applied for Tue/Fri/Sat/Sun got offered Tue/Fri. I now dont know what to do, if I take that offer do they put me back in for Sat/Sun or not? If I turn it down thinking that i go into ballot for all 4 would I be incorrect. Im kinda siding on taking the tue/fri and hoping im in the draw for sat sun

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ledwithhedwith

where do you see the tickets? I logged into one club but don’t see any inbox or anything? Did people get an unsuccessful message? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Sorbet

I assume once you say no you’re out altogether.

• Advertisement

Correct, I asked, thats my lot, turn em down im out. Try return for sat sun. Oh well, better than nothing.

If u heard nothing ur gonna have to wait till round 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The first wave of successful applicants have been contacted. I'm guessing that the remainder are now relying on people in the first wave either failing to reply to accept or refusing their allocation.

In response to the question 'Did people get an unsuccessful message? in post #50, the answer is 'not yet'. You're in the ballot until they tell you on Sept 30th that you were not successful.

If you get an offer and you decline because you don't like the days, you're out i.e. you won't get a second offer. See Q&A in posts #51 and #52.

When will we find out the results?

All ballot applications are currently being reviewed and fans will be contacted in waves throughout August and September, with expected dates listed below:

Week commencing Monday 12 August:1st wave of ballot winners contacted

Week commencing Monday 2 September:2nd wave of ballot winners contacted

Week commencing Monday 16 September:3rd wave of ballot winners contacted

By Monday 30 SeptemberAll unsuccessful applicants contacted

By the end of September, all fans who entered the Ticket Ballot for The 153rd Open will have been notified by email if their ballot application has been successful or unsuccessful.

As a reminder, fans who are offered tickets as part of the ballot process will not be able to pick and choose which tickets to purchase from the ticket allocation offered, all tickets offered must be purchased in full.

https://www.theopen.com/ticket-ballot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

£640 for two nights glamping😲

Advertisement