Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT HELP: HOMELESSNESS

Options
  • 24-07-2024 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I'm reaching out for advice and support regarding an urgent issue I am facing. I have been effectively homeless since April 2024 and have been sofa surfing since then. Currently, I'm experiencing issues with Dublin City Council as they have suspended my Housing Claim and are refusing assistance due to my lack of postal address. I was advised by DCC to seek help from homeless charities, but so far, I have not received the assistance I need.

Summary of My Situation:

1. Homeless Status: Since April 2024, I have been without a fixed postal address, staying with friends and family.
    2. Housing Claim Issue: My claim for housing assistance has been suspended because I cannot provide proof of address.
    3. Current Efforts: I have contacted my local authority and several well-known homeless charities for help, but I have not received any resolution thus far.

My Request:

1. Guidance: Does anyone know what steps I can take to obtain proof of address as someone who is genuinely homeless but not sleeping rough or staying in shelters?
    2. Resources: Are there any organizations or services that might be able to provide real assistance in my situation?
    3. Advice: Any practical advice from people who have faced similar challenges or who are familiar with these processes would be greatly appreciated.

I am in a vulnerable position and would be very grateful for any guidance or support you can offer. Thank you in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭xyz13

Since April 2024, I have been without a fixed postal address, staying with friends and family.

Currently at 123 park avenue, D11. (family member). That's your address.

Even if you leave said place and go to stay with a friend for a couple weeks no one needs to know?! I see no issue... It's not like you are receiving rent supplement whilst living somewhere else [that's fraud].

3 sides to every story...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,409 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

This may be of use, An Post will give you an address and hold any post for you in your local post office

I believe they make it a "real" looking address and not a PO box, so you can mask your homeless status if needed (in case you're applying for a job or something)

https://www.anpost.com/AddressPoint

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement