Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Cala de Mijas

• 24-07-2024 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭

Guys we looking to travel to La Cala de Mijas in November for a few days holidays and looking for recommendations for accommodation. We have two kids (2 year old & baby will be 5 months then). Looking for recommendations for hotels or apartments to rent. Or even reliable websites where you can book apartments/villas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭KFed

I stayed in la cala in 2022 with 2 kids, a.little older ages (1 and nearly 4). We booked an apartment using holiday lettings. Co .uk

They had a good selection of property and key collection, return worked fine. As an agent or website I personally found them fine.

We hired a car and were a little out of LA cala (casa Banderas). The development was lovely but up a hill and a good hike to LA cala and found the level changes in the development (steep drops behind some walls/fences) not ideal with young kids. Ours was a ground floor apartment but a big drop behind the fence of our garden terrace. With a car the distance to the village was fine but I wouldn't recommend that development with young kids. We went in May and the outdoor pool was unheated and likely recently filled which made swimming too cold for the kids. Not sure if you'd have a similar issue with a pool open in November time.

The beach was lovely and water lovely in May so we spent our time there.

There seem some nice apartments with beach access near la butibamba beach. That seemed very central but not sure on pricing etc. if you were very central you might avoid car hire so worth considering maybe. Id go that route if I was returning again personally.

Advertisement