Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise on social welfare

Options
  • 24-07-2024 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Need advise please. I been working casual and getting dole since 2021 up ontill march 2023 things were going find but work slowed down my employer told me to put a day down when doing my declaration to social welfare to keep my casual account active for when they needed me. This i did losing a days pay from my welfare payment.

I was unaware my employer wasn't putting this day down for me so when my payment from social welfare was suspended 2 weeks ago i contacted my employer who told me he didn't submit any returns for them days he suggested i put down to keep my claim open as technically i didn't work. I received 4 resent months payslips from my employer that i submitted to the welfare but they still have my payments suspended as theres no record on inland revenue from march 2023 till march 2024. I kept records for days i put down and it was one day a month. My employer just gets angry when approached regarding this and refused to do anything for me.

Do i tell social welfare the situation or will i be in trouble for declaring days

Please advice

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What country are you in?

(This is an Irish forum. We don't call it "inland revenue" here, so I suspect you may bev fom somewhere else, which we won't know the rules for.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mojar

Sorry yes i am in Dublin ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Your situation is unclear. Go to the department. They are usually decent enough once you are honest and upfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Madd002

If you work 1/2/3 days a week you are entitled to claim for the other 3 days.

If you work 4 days this is classed as full-time and you are not permitted to claim for other 2 days.

You say you have a record of days and it was 1 day a month. So I'd say no you are not entitled to the claim but maybe you wrote it wrong.

You also say you have 4 months of payslips but it's not showing on revenue through social welfare .

Can you not login to revenue and look at your employment record.

It will show what your employer submitted each week ,your weekly pay etc.

So, yes I would go into your local social welfare office with payslips and get it sorted.

Thanks Madd002

Sorry i guess i wasn't very clear in my question in March 2023 my employer said work is slow it could be a while before we need you again. He suggested i mark one day amonth down as worked with social welfare. He told me he put it through as a day worked but as it cost him in tax i wouldn't receive a days pay as he only doing it to keep my partime claim active with the welfare. So basically i declare one days work a month to keep my claim open till work came in. He pay tax declaring i worked for him for one day. This i did. To make a long story short. Work started coming in February this year and i was called into work then come july my welfare payment was suspended. I was confused as to why i submitted up to date payslips and have since learned from my employer he never declared the days i said i worked as technically i didn't actually work and he would have been liberal to pay tax on them days.

This was not what he said to me in march 2023 as i would not have declared any days.

The amount of days in question is 11days in total over a period of 10 months not a massive amount of days.

I only been told by my employer about this issue as i said i wasn't aware he not putting my days in to tax office he never said anything to me just let me mark in days with welfare. Now i have no payment from them and been told it will remain suspended untill the days declared show up on the tax system.

But they won't as my boss never put them through the system. 11 days over 10 month period i said i worked i lost days pay from my welfare payment even doing this but i understood what my employer was telling me as work was random and welfare would close my account for casual work if i didn't show i worked at least one day a month

• Advertisement

What i really worried about is filling in my deceleration form for social welfare once a week to declare what days i did. I am totally aware its a legal statement from me to them.

But i only declared one day a month to keep my part time claim open for future work. with the understanding my employer was putting this day down as worked. I didn't receive any payments for days marked on declaration as my employer said he have to cover the tax on days declared. I wasn't aware my employer didn't actually do this for me.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement