Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&Q Airside Clamping Their Customers Now

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They were a customer of Premier Inn, avoiding Premier Inn's pay car parking, when they were clamped.

Hence why them moaning at and blaming B&Q is absolutely ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I know of a supermarket car park in the middle of a town with the same signs- parking space is limited hence the condition that you don’t leave the car park to go shopping elsewhere-otherwise no one would be able to shop at the supermarket - while I haven’t seen anyone clamped simply because it takes an age to queue to get into this car park at peak times the risk is always there that you will, if you leave on foot.

This example feels a bit like shooting fish in a barrel- probably loads of spaces available for customers- but still it’s their rules- only thing I’d say is parking companies really should plaster the place with signs saying don’t leave on foot or you’ll be clamped - the signs alone would likely be enough to deter most people - I hate this fcking sneaky small print sho1te many companies go on with -there would be a lot more compliance if they played fair - they’d still get their fees from the retail outlets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,129 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

OP. Spent time in B&Q but then left the shopping area, crossed a public road and spent time in other businesses that provide their own carpark for their own customers. I can't stress this enough, there is a public road separating these two shopping areas. When all of these businesses close for Christmas day the road doesn't close because it's a public road. It's not a road belonging to the car park. These are two distinct shopping areas. Parking rules are clearly posted. In fact by law they can't clamp if the conditions aren't clearly posted. Clamping sign vanished one night outside the Watermill pub in Raheny Village. Absolutely no clamping was allowed until they replaced the sign a few days later. It vanished again a few days later😂

By parking in the B&Q car park OP agreed to the car park t&cs. Op Broke these t&cs. It's not B&Qs car park and they don't make the rules. Much as I don't like B&Q it is extremely unfair to mention them in the thread title.

While I feel sorry for op getting caught out, it was their own fault. Op I say this with total respect to you

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭carfinder

OP, you should make a data subject access request to Apcoa, B&Q and whoever runs the carpark. It will be interesting to note what cctv footage they have kept of you. Be sure to indentify yourself by reference to your car registration.

This could be a very interesting GDPR case study indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,129 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I don't see how it's a GDPR issue. GDPR covers how your personal, private data, that identifies you, is stored & used. What personal information that identifies the OP would they hold on cameras? Reg plate isn't personal, private data. It's already in the public domain.

• Advertisement
Advertisement