Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding insurance for uber eata delivery

Options
  • 25-07-2024 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi members,

I am a mum of 3 and teacher on career break.

Due to my husband's advanced cancer diagnosis and the prevalence of some neurodiversities in 2 of my kids I've needed to take time off work to navigate things....but I also need to earn- however earn in my own time & pretty much be able to be available for my family at the drop of a hat should the need be there.

I am working towards having multiple sources of income, but there is bit of a learning curve there...especially at the outset.

In the meantime- i was looking into uber eats delivery as a handy nixer.

My car insurance company, and insurance broker have not provided any joy in insuring my car for this purpose.

Though I asked my broker to forage for an insurance company that would insure me for sporadic delivery work...they just sent me a letter that my current insurance company won't provide this service.

In a lengthy phone conversation some weeks prior, I had asked to lady I was speaking to from my broker's company, to look for a different company. But to no joy.

So i guess I need to change broker & insurance company.

So basically i've no penalty points, does anyone know of an insurance company or broker who will do this....it would only be very sporadic commercial work- but surely it can't be that difficult to get.

I am in cork btw

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Have you tried Zego?

A friend of mine does intermittent delivery work with just eat/user eat and he uses this app. You can basically pay by the hour so you are only using it when you pick up a shift. I've never used it personally but it looks like you sign up, provide proof that the car is registered in your name and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bidzers

Thank you @ 2nd row Donkey.

I will check this out. Much appreciated!

Advertisement