Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retention Appeal Process

Options
  • 25-07-2024 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Retention Appeal Process

I am preparing to appeal a "Retention" application in my area. This particular business has been in operation 3 years,
    My question is : Do the planning authorities take the Notes on the "Active " file in Planning Enforcement relating to the past breaches of Environment legislation into consideration ?
    So does Planning just deal with the application before them for compliance and disregard past breaches or do they take it onboard and potentially impose conditions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

By appealing you mean your neighbour has made an application for retention and you intend to make an observation in relation to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭mrtom

Yes, my error in confusing Appeal with Observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,129 ✭✭✭✭muffler

They are 2 separate files with the retention application being treated on it's own merits. Without knowing the history or nature of the development to be retained it wouldn't be usual for the planners to consult the enforcement file.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,392 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If the retention was in response due to enforcement action that has dragged out for a few years. They would certainly consider the history on the file.

On the other hand, if the retention was unrelated to previous breaches, I wouldn't expect too much weight, if any, put on the enforcement and the retention should be assed on its merits.

Advertisement