Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Travelling to Wales in September

Options
  • 25-07-2024 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭

I am travelling to Wales in September. I have a Nissan Leaf SVE 40kw.

Roughly the range on 100 is about 230/240km

It's 130ish km from my house to ferry.

I plan to charge just before Rosslare and then possibly 2 or 3 stops in Wales en route to destination.

I have done a rough calculation on zapmap of where to stop and this probably means downloading 3 new charging apps.

Anything that I need to think about.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,429 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Just done the North of Wales in an ID.4, the good news is that there seems to be a decent number of chargers along the main roads

I'd recommend using ABRP to plan your route and put in a minimum number of chargers as 2 or even 4. This should cause it to avoid any single charger sites

A lot of towns will have 1 or 2 rapid chargers around the place with Chademo plugs. Might be a good option to stop in one for a meal while the car charges

Many networks in the UK accept debit card payments, the government there was much faster at requiring card readers on chargers. However a lot of older chargers might not have readers yet, it would be advisable to check Plugshare

Typically they seem to take a £25 hold on your card, so make sure there's money in your account. Internet can be a bit spotty in rural areas in Wales

Prices are fairly eye watering over there, I used an Osprey charging location that charged 82p/kWh 😭

If there's a destination charger (or you can use a granny cable) at where you're staying I'd recommend using it

Other than that, enjoy your trip 😁

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement