Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold call from EIR

Options
  • 26-07-2024 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭

I'm currently on a 2-year deal with Eir not due to expire until October. I'm on FTTC as performance is not really an issue for me. Service has been rock solid, no issues.

Got a cold call from them the other day trying to entice me on to FTTH. They seem to be pushing to get people off copper. Several options were mentioned, all FTTH and all more expensive than my current deal. They were unwilling to provide anything in writing.

1. Never sign-up for a 2 year deal - they will keep shoving the price up anyway - there are regularly better offers for one year with other providers (lesson learned)
    2. Stick to copper if the performance suits you - don't get pushed/sucked into a faster/more expensive package if you don't need it

I'll move to FTTH when they provide a competitively priced reason to do it - ie they want to retire their copper hardware and want me off it.

Advertisement