Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meal bin recommendations

• 26-07-2024 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, seriously considering getting a meal bin, sick of bags and we put bulk into a dry house that used to be rat proof but not anymore.

Doing calf to beef so will have two types of ration or nut, so probably need a split bin, any recommendations, would roughly have 30-40 weanings and the same finishing. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Who2

Mcaree bins are a good bin I’ve one here I bought second hand about ten years ago and it was a fair age then. I’ll be replacing in the next year or two and will more than likely get another one. I was also impressed with Condon’s square type bin recently when I was in their yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭sonnybill

I bought a tipsy bin this year and love it ! Smaller scale than many of you lads/ladies but it suits me , michael is a gentleman to deal with and as described is far easier to get last few scoops than equivalent Jfc product

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭limo_100

How many kg's does the tipsy bin hold? jfc is 750 I don't find any issue getting the last meal out of it. just turn it on its side it all falls down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭893bet

yeah around 700-ration.

And no it’s not easier get the last bit out. Watch any of the promo videos and it’s all ready tilted wink wink. To get the meal on this position you would have to go to the back of the bin and pick the bin up and shake it to get all the meal into that position so the same as you have to do with the jvc.

But it’s a fine bin and recommend to support a local small business. But the “usp” is bullshit IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭limo_100

The JFC bins now are nearly 400 euro - I bought them for 300 at the time. There just handy for tidy storage in fairness the the bottom comes up them very fast I find 😂 but they are very handy I find if feeding a batch of stores at grass just bring the bin up to the field

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I am fairly sure there is a grant for them. I have a split bit and it quite high if anything goes wrong with the upper bin. I be inclined to buy two standard bins. Not sure if you can get the grant for two separate bins but if you can that is the way I would go.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Aravo

I have a few meal bins, one is a tipsy bin, to be honest dont really use the tipsy function at all. Having a bin that is not too high and has a good wide cover is a must. If the base of the bin is flat with no corragations is a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭jfh

I have a jfc and works fine but I buy 70 bags delivered so have 40 bags left out as jfc takes 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Naillers

I checked with Dept to see if the mobile meal bins like the JFC meal bin are covered under TAMS 3.... The only meal bins grant-aided under TAMS3 are fixed meal bins so the mobile bins are not covered.

Tirlan are advertising them as Tams approved so I called them asking if they were sure they are covered ..they were not sure... Expect to see their website updated shortly....

Advertisement