If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless speaker question

Options
  • 27-07-2024 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

hey guys,

Looking for advice for what “should” be a simple solution.
    I have an av receiver one side of the room. I want to use for the tv setup so can make it stereo. I have some bookshelves.
    I can wire one speaker locally there no problem.
    I want to have the complimentary speaker the other side of the space however I can’t run speaker cable. I have a power source there but I cannot mess up the room with wandering speaker cable.

Is there a wireless system that works with speaker cable into an av receiver? Like some kind of tx to rx?
    Also using the receivers Bluetooth ain’t really an option as this will be a zone 2 config.

Thanks in advance

Eoin

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Eoin.

There wouldn't be anything that we could supply that would allow for converting wired speakers to wireless unfortunately.

I can't seem to see too much online either.
    There is a bit of Kit by Marmitek which is designed for rear speakers but I'm sure it would work with front speakers too as it just connects into the speaker terminals on the amp, so you could just connect it to one side of the fronts that you want on the other side of the room. Lets say the left side, so wire this into the Marmitek unit and then the receiver part into the speaker, then wire the one closest to the amp directly into the amp.
    I'm not sure if this would cause a lag/time delay between the two speakers though as only one would be connected to the wireless transmitter.
    I've never used this so not sure on the quality.

There is also rumour the SVS will be releasing something similar but no further details on this just yet.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.