Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil to Gas conversion

• 27-07-2024 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,

I am from Bray, Ireland and planning to convert my heating system from Oil to Gas.

Nice people, can anyone guide/advice/refer someone RGII registered gas installers (plumbers) around Bray area who does the job. And could you please let me know approximate amount it may cost?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

A lot may depend on the individual case and how much work is involved to install gas pipework. I am guessing this would be natural gas to be piped from street level?

Any particular reason why? Oil can be a very satisfactory solution too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 grenadot

Thanks @Lenar3556 for the response.

I bought a house recently and the previous owner recommended to convert the Oil to Gas ASAP since it is quite old and it has to be replaced. So instead replacing it with Oil again, I am thinking to get it replaced with Gas. And Government also trying to reduce carbon pollution & they are giving tiny grants to get it replaced with the gas boiler. So thinking of changing it by this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

I wasn’t aware of any grants for gas or oil boiler replacements? There is a €700 Grant for heating controls upgrades - heat source doesn’t matter for this.

Don’t rule out oil, it may be significantly lower cost to install given your existing infrastructure. Modern oil boilers are clean and efficient. You also have outdoor options for these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,129 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I don't believe there are any grants to go to gas because the government is pushing people away from gas.

As mentioned above there is a small grant to improve the heating controls and heating zones but this is available for gas or oil boiler.

I'd ignore the old owners advice and research both options

Advertisement