Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water metering problems

• 28-07-2024 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Has anyone had any issues with Uisce Eireann billing them for an incorrect meter?

They are billing me for a meter that is next to mine that is not supplying me. This has being going on now for 18mths and for this length of time they have done nothing meaningful to resolve the issue.

On another related issue, had anyone ever separated a house that's on a farm supply from the supply and had the domestic allowance moved to a different house. (the house on the farm is in different ownership and I want the domestic allowance and the farm supply to come to my own house now ).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭epfff

Same problem here for near 10 year's.

Had some mad conversations with telephone people asking me to describe my property etc. it usually clear they have no idea what rural Ireland looks like. Asked how they got my name several times and haven't got answer.

Did have have guy clearly x garda out once and he was pleasure to be talked down to by who informed me it was in my name and I was responsible for bill until I gave him another name.

I have asked them to disconnect by email several times so now I just ignore bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Aravo

Make their problem their problem. From water. Ie Commission for Regulation of Utilities

If you feel your complaint has not been dealt with to your satisfaction, you can escalate your complaint to the Commission for Regulation of Utilities (CRU). They can assist you once you have provided Uisce Éireann the opportunity to resolve the matter in line with our complaint handling procedures. We will issue a response to your complaint in writing, telling you we have closed your complaint and we will give you details for the CRU Customer Care Team for an independent review.

You can contact the Commission for Regulation of Utilities at:

Customer Care Team
    The Commission for Regulation of Utilities
    Grain House
    The Exchange
    Belgard Square North
    Dublin 24, D24PXW0

Telephone: 1800 404 404
    Fax: (01) 4000 850
    Email: customercare@cru.ie
    Web: www.cru.ie/home/customer-care/water/

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭FREDNISMO

Turn it off and cover it with something heavy and see what happens, on the separating the house I would have taught that the house would need its own connection/meter if farm and house are different owners.

Advertisement