Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mass stabbing incident in Southport UK - threadbans in OP

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,074 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The first couple of pages on this thread are literally full of 'the right' getting angry at 'the left' for this event.

And you do it in your second sentence. While your post aims to denounce the left for behaving like this.

Do you know what the word hypocrisy means?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

that’s like saying that Aussie swimmer that won gold last night (O’Callaghan) isn’t Australian. I’ll call paris and tell them the bad news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭satguy

The BBC should hang their head in shame ,, And really should apologise to the people of Wales, for trying to say that one of them was the killer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's a different thing really. I was responding to someone saying 'autism is a label handed out far too often these days'. I would interpret 'handed out' as meaning a diagnosis by a professional and not a self diagnoses via social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Will_I_Amnt

Wherever this guy is living if its anywhere in the western world, he needs to be removed before the day is out if at all possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

I'd largely agree but there are some parents (sadly one in my own in-law family) who is pushing the professionals for a diagnosis of something as they don't want to accept their child is just perfectly happy sat alone for hours reading or building Lego! "There must be something wrong!"

The kid has life sussed - he's just purely happy with no stimulus, would that we all could do that!!

I'm not saying professionals would give in but if the diagnostic criteria is weakened then more kids (and adults lately) would be labelled as autistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

Rest in peace, little angels 🦋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,145 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

…there actually is respected research linking some serious crimes to disorders including asd, our prison systems are filled with people who have at least one dsm disorder, including asd…

….in relation to asd, such serious crimes are believed to be related to acts of 'retribution'…

…but good point, i havent committed any serious crimes just yet, some minor insignificant ones though….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭giseva

Off he goes to murder some children and seriously injure more.

Obviously this attacker has serious mental issues. If the attack is because of mental state alone or if it is because of their upbringing, nationality, political or religious motivation, only time will tell.

I think if you carry out such an attack then all bets are off regarding the naming the of the perpetrator. IMO you lose all rights the moment you do something like this and they should not get to hide behind their age.

I understand due process etc but society are always going to speculate and whether that's left, right or in the middle, somebody is right.

It doesn't matter who is right though. All that matters is that this is an unthinkable horrific attack on an event for children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Kurooi

They should be angry for this event. The left enabled it. The stuff they get constantly persecuted for saying, here it is materializing in the worst form. They're not there praying there is a mass murder that fits their agenda, they're angry these attacks happen. Because they don't have to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,145 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

…this is probably one of the best ways of researching such disorders, in order to try prevent future similar events……

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,074 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭CWMMC

Unfortunately it's always the innocent and the children that suffer the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,756 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Amid all the excitement about whether or not the killer counts as “foreign”, there seems to be almost no interest in the fact that the attacker is male and all his victims are female.

Sad but not surprising TBH.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭calculator

Were they all female, not just the girls who died? Genuinely asking. I suppose a TS class wouldn't have as many boys in it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thread closed. I will need to spend some time going through it to remove inappropriate comments/speculation

It is unlikely that it will be re opened due to the nature of such comments and speculation, but I will confirm or otherwise once I have gone through the whole thread (which is likely to be this evening at the earliest)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thread remains closed

Too many people trying to make this about race and in doing so inciting others. And that sort of nonsense triggered what happened last night in Southport

You may get away with that behaviour on other social media sites. It is not tolerated here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement