Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recently Promoted - Possible to revert to old position

• 29-07-2024 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

I have made a massive mistake.

Was a CO for 5 plus years, recently promoted through an open competition into a new department. It’s nothing like I thought it would be like, I’m sick to my stomach.

Is it possible to go back to my old grade/department?

Any advice would be much appreciated, I’m in a very dark place here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Kirbi

Yes, grade reversion is very much a thing during the probation process and I've heard of it happening in cases where the person went back to their previous department.

I'm not sure how it's triggered, but I imagine that talking to HR would be involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Newbie12345The

Yes - it actually happened where i work - she actually got to revert it after about 5 months in new role - i think both parties have to agree to it

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭336699

Thank you both, I’ll email HR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭ledwithhedwith

i mean technically if you don’t pass probation then you get reverted back so id assume your able to just ask. Failing that you could stop working for a few months haha

Advertisement