Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big businesses that might sponsor an event?

• 30-07-2024 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hope this is an appropriate forum for this question!

I'm hosting an event in Dublin later this year- it's a conference/AGM, and I've really struggled to find sponsors. I've reached out to as many relevant businesses I could think of, both here and abroad, but with very limited success.

So now I'm trying to think outside the box of big businesses that might welcome the advertising opportunity even though they're not directly linked. I was thinking as most of the delegates would be self-employed, banks might be worth trying- new business accounts/business loans etc might be on their radar!

As far as I know, sponsorship for advertisement purposes is tax-deductible, so you'd think it's ultimately a cheap way for the business to get their message out/talk to people.

Wondering if anyone can think of any other more generic sponsors who tend to be keen to get involved in sponsoring events such as these??? It's not going to be a huge event, but it will be international and hopefully will have 100+ participants. As I say, most will be running their own businesses…

TIA!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,558 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

For a business to want to associate with your event you need to give them what they want - quantity - 100 people is not enough unless they are quality - are they decision makers with lots of money to spend?

Are they part of a trade association or society? Is there an industry magazine and/or website catering to their needs? Who is advertising in the magazine/website? Can you get the association or society to partner with you for the event? They will have the details of and access to the decision makers. Offer them a commission for any sponsorship money they can raise for you.

It could also be the case that you need to go back to your original prospect list and resell them the event. Why are the attendees attending your event and not some other conference?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭eltonyio

Failte Ireland may support if you have enough international delegates.

https://www.meetinireland.com/supports/financial-supports

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭crybaby

Try reaching out to companies that sell tools or services for small businesses—things like accounting software or project management apps. When I organized a similar event, I found these types of companies were often open to sponsorship opportunities because they’re always looking to connect with self-employed professionals. Local co-working spaces and business incubators might be worth a shot too. Even if they’re not directly related, they might see the benefit of reaching your audience.

Advertisement