Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer to Revolut declined by PTSB yet still charged.

Options
  • 30-07-2024 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

hello there, I am just wondering has this happened to anybody else & how to proceed. I transferred €150 from my PTSB current account to my Revolut. The transaction did not go through due to 3DS challenge failed. However, PTSB still deducted €150 from my account. I have screenshots & an email from Revolut confirming this. I have tried contacting PTSB by webchat/phone-both which were very unhelpful. I asked for an email address to email them the email from Revolut. They said to send it by DM on Twitter which I am not on🙄 They don’t have email addresses or so they said🙄any advice how to proceed? I am beginning to think I will have to take a half day from work to go into my local branch. I know it is not a large amount of money for some people. However, when you don’t earn a great deal, €150 is a lot of money😔TIA for any advice gratefully received.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Go visit PTSB in person. Bring all the evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Gary_dunne

I'm assuming that this was done today and the money has left your PTSB account and not bounced back. It would appear that the transaction was processed (incorrectly) on the banks side. Usually can take up to 24 hours for fund to bounce back if rejected by a receiving bank.

One of two scenarios will occur;

1. Money arrives to Revolut who deposit it in your account (if all details are sent on the initial transfer)
    2. Money will hit Revolut with no forwarding on details and they'll return it to the sending bank who will return it as an unsuccessful transfer to your account, essentially bounce it back to you.

As I said it can take up to 24hrs from the transfer but usually won't take this long. If it doesn't bounce back you will need to go into the branch as previous poster said as it seems that you're getting no luck through the other channels.

Hope it all works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

From what you've said, it sounds like the €150 is still a pending transaction on your PTSB account. Given Revolut gave said they haven't received anything, the funds will become available again in your PTSB account in 5 working days, but may be quicker given 3DS failed

Advertisement