Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homelite petrol strimmer

• 30-07-2024 1:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭

I have a homelite petrol strimmer when in use I noticed the head was getting very hot to touch, now the head as stopped spinning well does but very slow and noisy, it's a straight shaft which detaches in the middle, I have another one I don't used so I took the shaft off this one and put it on now working ok but I still notice the head is hot to touch.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭blackbox

I don't know about Homelite, but there is usually a means to grease the gear at the head - a bolt that can be removed or a nipple. Do you have the owners manual?

There could be grass wound around it. You will see that if you turn it backwards by hand to unwind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Don't have the manual put will have a look .

Advertisement