Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Constant incorect time

• 30-07-2024 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Im having an issue with 2 of the hkc panels I have. slowly over a few weeks, the time on the Panel goes slow and ends up being a few minutes behind. any idea why? such a small but annoying problem

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

• Registered Users Posts: 18 benny1122

Hi, yes I do. Both panels are on different versions and have the same issue

I've seen it drop a few minutes on older versions over a year but over weeks no.

Id advise upgrading the panels to the latest software 4.3.3 on the 10270.

Also, if an old battery in the main control panel, that should be replaced

one panel is on 4.3.3, the one you upgraded - thanks again! The other is on maybe version 3. Both installed by same installer. Both 10270, by any chance could it be the incorrect amperage of the batteries. One panel is 12v 7amp. Other is 12v 3.5amp, both relatively new batteries

That software was only released so you sure its 4.3.3, unless I did it today 😁 and if so then see how you get on with that. The battery amp only has a bearing on how long it will hold up the system in the event the mains goes and its using the battery. 12V 7 amp is recommended for HKC 10270s alarm system

• Advertisement

oh sorry, it’s 4.3.1 the panel is on. Although it’s had this issue even while on version 3. So update didn’t seem to fix. Strange that this doesn’t seem to be a common issue and is just me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Could be the mains frequency either, some of the older alarm panels used this to keep time, wouldn't surprise me if HKC still do this

Could be. The installer never installed either panels to a spur! Could that have anything to do with it

I'm not sure how the time works to be honest, but like I've said, I've seen it drop a few minutes on older versions over a year but over weeks no. The spur would not have any bearing on the time

Advertisement