Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springboard and Part-Time Education Option

• 30-07-2024 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am on Jobseekers Allowance, and I have decided to undertake a Springboard course starting in September. It is part-time and consisting of two online evening classes per week, with the occasional Saturday workshop. It will last for a duration of one year. So the course is very 'work friendly', and when I do find employment, it shouldn't be any issue for me juggling the two.

I recently stumbled on the FAQ section of the Springboard website, and I came upon this:

"I am unemployed. If I am offered a Springboard+ course, do I need to inform my local DSP office?

Yes. If you are thinking of taking up a Springboard+ course, you should contact your local DSP office and let them know of your plans, and to check whether you need to go through any further steps with that Departments’ services. For example, if in receipt of Jobseekers Benefit or Allowance you are required to apply for registration on the Part Time Education Option (PTEO) if taking up a part-time Springboard+ course."

Has anyone who has undertaken a Springboard course have to transfer to the Part Time Education Option (PTEO? If so, and your payment is transferred to the Part Time Education Option (PTEO) - will there be any delay, or issues with your current JA/JB payment? Obviously there is no material differences between PTEO, and a Jobseekers payment, so there shouldn't be any delays or issues? Also what happens if Social Welfare reject your application, what does that mean for your Springboard Course? BTW I am also actively applying for jobs, and attending Turas Nua meetings etc. I don't see how undertaking a Springboard Course is nothing but a positive, to be fair.

Advertisement