Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Zoe

Options
  • 30-07-2024 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a Renault Zoe, 2018 at the oldest, are they good cars, will it have re sale value in a years time?

I do low mileage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,758 ✭✭✭zg3409

They are great cars with some important limitations.

Some have a battery lease that needs to be paid every month forever which can devalue the car. You can buy this out.

Faster CCS charging was an option on later cats giving around 45kW charging speed,ost are 22kW Max which is the slowest around compared to nearly all other EVs. This is an issue on longer trips outside home charger range, invoking 1+ hour stops versus 45 minutes on other cars.

There are various battery sizes, bigger means more range, range at high speed can be quite low. Modern EVs have 60+kWh batteries giving better ranges. Cars with less than 60+kWh are a bit obsolete and in my opinion only good as a second car in a 2 car household.

Maybe post up a link to an actual done deal ad you are considering as an example.

Other things to consider, do you own your own home with off street parking so are likely to be able to home charge? What is your daily commute round trip in km? What is your typical long weekend trip round trip in km say to visit friends or a weekend away etc?

Public charging when outside home charger range is main downside of EVs involving charging stops and risk of queues at chargers. Getting a big battery and CCS faster charging helps.

What car do you drive today.

Advertisement