Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] Disputing warning and subsequent forum ban from CA

• 30-07-2024 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭

I would like a review of the warning point I received from Ten of Swords 4 days ago. I have tried to resolve the issue with the moderator in question but they have not responded since my last message.

I believe that my post was possibly misinterpreted, although I am struggling to see how it could have been. The response to my post and the decision to turn it into a forum ban seem disproportionate, so I would appreciate a review.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I responded to a comment on the “taxi driver sex offender gets 30 years” thread which I got a warning for. I believe this warning, and forum ban that was based on it, to be unwarranted.

The post I responded to was this one:
    “He got in effect 10 years per vile crime. For what he did to that young 7 year old warranted life… and for what he did to those two poor young women deserved life. Clearly a diseased individual who will always pose danger to females.”

I responded to the poster with the following:
    “As I said I don’t have an issue with the sentence he received. I agree that he will probably always pose a danger though. Very poor self control”

I don’t see what was possibly offensive about my post. I agreed with the other poster that the person in person would most likely always remain a threat as they are clearly don’t possess the ability to control themselves enough to not prioritise their wants over the wellbeing of others.

The rationale for the warning point given by Ten of Swords did not make sense to me, and they did not respond when I tried to discuss the post with them. I’d like a review of the above because I do not see how my post broke any forum rules. I have contributed on both threads on this topic for weeks and without any warning, so a threadban and forum ban based on the above situation is draconian and ott.

Happy to post the PM exchange.

So is anybody looking into this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,430 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

@ancapailldorcha If you could review this one, it's been outstanding for a while now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

No problem.

OP, can you post the exchange please?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Sure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi OP,

I've decided to uphold this. Your record in CA is extremely poor and you've not heeded any of the several warnings you've had so I can see why the mod decided that enough is enough for that absolutely vile, hateful comment.

Please let me know if you want an admin to review.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Yes, I do wish for an admin to review this. There was nothing hateful about my comment and it was obviously being misinterpreted. I have contributed a lot on this thread and the previous one without any warning as I have not broken any forum rules which includes the comment I was eventually warned for.

For reference. I have stated repeatedly in different threads that people who cannot control themselves sufficiently pose a danger and need custodial sentences until deemed safe to release. Example from the recent thread on Crotty, also in CA.

I absolutely cannot see what was offensive about my comment, so I would like an admin to review.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,332 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I have had a look at this and I am going to uphold the ban.

Indeed, since this DRP made me more aware of your posting history on this site I have decided I'm going to ban you from the site permanently.

I can see only two reasons you could say the stuff you say on here, either you are deliberately trolling or you actually mean everything you say (yikes) , neither of those things are acceptable. Frankly I have no idea how you lasted as long as you did.

Ban upheld and user permanently site banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement