Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice: new mixer shower leaking on upward pipe connection

• 30-07-2024 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

So I swapped out a mixer shower where the temparture control was broken. I did not need to open the fititngs packets for the hot and cold conneciton as I reused what was there. The upwards pipe I was replacing with the new set as well, but I am getting a leak circled. The bottom picture breaks down the conneciton that screws on, the middle part reverses screws and the black washer inserts inside, that is how it came out of the plastic. On my second attempt I wrapped the upward thread on the mixer unit with plumbers tape before connecting the upward pipe. Both times I screwed it tight with a wrench. It may be the reverse screw that's the issue, maybe I don't have that tight enough? I just did by hand and then the main conneciton has to turn the other way to tightened the whole thing. Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,129 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'd suggest opening the fittings package & using the 0 rings that came with the new shower. There shouldn't be any need to use plumbers tape

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭boardtc

I might not have explained well, everything in the picture is new. The individual fittings packages are only for the wall connections for hot and cold which are not leaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,129 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The 0 ring might be sitting incorrectly where it's leaking. The fitting could be over tightened. I'd suggest taking off the upright pole and fit it again.

Advertisement