Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A6

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭carsfan2

looks excellent

Even if it does 600km in the real world would be brilliant.

Makes the BMW i5 look pretty poor in comparison.

The price will be eye watering though when you add a few extras I’m guessing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

From someone that might buy one of these in the future (used) the side profile looks a little mondeo-esque in the photos and videos but I do think it will have plenty of road presence, if it stacks up to the outgoings A7 then it's a winner. Avant obviously doesn't look like a Mondeo so nice to have 2 options. I can't see Avant being much more practical so it is design preference really.

I saw 68k stg mentioned as a starting price, but as we have already seen with the i5 and EQE they aren't going to sell many of these at the price. Can get a 2024 EQE for a bit above 60k in Ireland, they were mid 50s in a fire sale last year.

Range sounds excellent, big battery in it and fast charging, I also saw 62k stg mentioned in another video for the smaller battery version.

However, even as an Audi and ex BMW fan, I'm struggling to see any value in any of their offerings over cheaper more mainstream brands these days.

In the 2010s a 3 litre 300bhp BMW or Audi was a huge step up on the 1.6 litre 150bhp offerings, but EV has changed that, and interiors and infotainment gap is small these days too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Looks quite bland to me, a slightly prettier variant of an ID7 on the outside. Interior will probably be class leading though. For the money, I’d much prefer a demo/12month old e-tron GT.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Megastreisand

I'd call 12.7kW/100km insanely optimistic. A Model 3 would struggle to get that in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭PaulRyan97

I'd imagine it'll be closer to 15-16 but still indicates good efficiency.

I looped Dublin recently in my ID.7, southside, up the Stillorgan road in through East Wall, Clontarf then to the Airport and back down the M50 and ended up with an average 13.5kWh/100km over the 60km loop without breaking a sweat. Definitely some decent efficiency coming out of the Volkswagen group lately.

• Advertisement

The official average efficiency on my cupra is 14 or something, over 32k Kms it has given just under 16 so not far off for my driving. That's through 2 full winters, in it's 3rd summer now and a fair few motorway spins mixed up with all local stuff so fairly normal driving.

If an Audi A6 with a huge battery gave the same efficiency 16kwh per100kms as the Cupra it's a great range for Ireland at around 600kms. Any city and back from Dublin really. Prob struggle with a Belfast to cork return but that's a big drive.

That said, I'd still prefer a smaller battery and a huge slice off the price, I'll stop and charge the odd time no problem!

Really liking this A6 was a bit underwhelmed yesterday but it's growing on me and would really be my perfect car when it's available a bit cheaper used

Yeah just checked it up, it has a drag co-efficient of 0.21 Vs the Model 3 Highlands 0.219.

Given how well the Q6 e-tron performed in Bjorn Nyland's test, could have a new range champ here.

Hopefully it has the effect that I hoped EVs would and a move away from SUV being the default choice. Will need more manufacturers to follow suit with aerodynamic lower cars that look well but I doubt it will. SUV is king it seems. I even have one now and I don't like them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Like them both to be honest but if the pricing of the Q6 is anything to go by it will be a hard sell.

That said, I'd still prefer a smaller battery and a huge slice off the price

I believe they said there will be a cheaper model with a 79kWh battery back too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement