Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up myself

Options
  • 31-07-2024 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

not sure if this is the correct form

Outline is

I’ve been employeed with the same company for the last 11 years, it’s a small plumbing and heating business, company does ok and there is 6 employees including the boss, I’ve grown tired of the same stuff and the money isn’t enough for what I do, I’ve got 3 payrises of €50 in 11 years, we have talked numerous times of promotions and profit share new business opportunities over the years but nothing changes, I feel like the boss would just like to keep me doing what I’m doing and keep the head down but it’s not in me anymore, I want more, I’ve put a lot of effort in the jobs over the years and I’ve strengthened all existing relationship with contracts and so on but I’ve nothing to show for it, I’ve always thought I want to try it myself but I always backed down and just told myself to keep the head down but it keeps creeping back up

I would love my own financial independence and the chance to make something for myself and this time I said sod it im going it, I got the website done and the business cards made and made contact with the accountant and made contacts with some contacts I’ve made over the tests and was all set to do it,

I told the boss and now he really trying to change my mind, he wants to know what will it take for me to stay, is it more money, more responsibility, more flexibility, I know I can do this job, I’ve proven it time and time again but I’ve never really made anything decent for myself

So the question I have is do I stay and take his offer or possible partnership, maybe buying into the company and really pushing for profit share, I’m worried that it still won’t change and the excuses will be “ ah were busy at the minute wait till things quite down or we need to keep the head down and keep working or you need to try and drum up some extra business etc etc I’m also worried that when the dynamic changes and I move from being the trusted employee to the partner will our relationship change and will he resent having someone else involved in his already established business

Advertisement