Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Hubcaps - Why?

Options
  • 01-08-2024 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

While driving the other day I was wondering why do Tesla drivers put up with Hubcaps? The range increase seems to be minimal (15km or so), they look terrible and there are nice alloys underneath, no other EV seems to worry about this and all different cars have different styles etc..

If you were buying any other vehicle then Hubcaps are regarded as poverty spec so why do tesla drivers even change the hubcaps to other ones, they still look like hubcaps so terrible to my eyes, would a lot of Tesla drivers not even realise they can just take them off.

Image shows the previous model 3 but the newer model is the same situation and the Y as well albeit different designs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,979 ✭✭✭✭josip

If you were worried about looks and aesthetics you wouldn't buy a Tesla anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭eagerv

The aero covers look ok imo, but make the wheels much easier to clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Ir3

Looks are of course subjective so while lots of people drive cars that I think look terrible such as all ID models and EV6 etc I get that different people like different styles… I dont get how anyone likes hubcaps though!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Ir3

@eagerv They're easy to clean anyway as theres no brake dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Took mine off both my 3 and Y, I put them back on for any long journeys which aren't too often. Tesla's wheel options in general are fairly poor, with a lot of black plastic looking options. The 21s on the performance Y look absolutely dreadful, you're trading range and comfort in return for absolutely nothing there. The 19s on the new 3 look nice though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement