Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jobseeking - any point in getting certified for AWS, etc?

• 01-08-2024 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Wasn't sure if this was more suited to the software forum or the jobs forum. I went with software since it's a fairly specific question

Anyway, I'm currently on the job hunt and not getting the same amount of traction as a few years ago. Things have definitely changed with a lot more people seemingly applying for fewer jobs

I've been doing some AWS training since cloud development knowledge is definitely a gap in my CV. I'm debating getting certified as an AWS developer as well just so I've got something I can put on my CV

I'm wondering if it's worthwhile though, on one hand it's probably of some use to a recruiter to know that someone else has confirmed the applicant isn't a twat.

On the other hand, I was always distrustful of people putting their hacker rank scores and stuff on their CV. It's easy enough to just Google the solutions and pass all the tests so I always felt it wasn't necessarily a good reflection on their abilities

What are people's thoughts, do the certificates mean anything to ye when you're hiring?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement