Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Artists and The Galway Music Scene.

• 01-08-2024 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm curious to know what new music is coming out of Galway these days.
    lived in Galway in the 90s for 8 years and the scene was quite good. From Folk, Trad, The Dance/DJ scene, Indie, and Rock.
    Some bands I know after years of trying original material ended up getting their bread and butter from the cover and wedding scene.

But recently I've been very inspired by Galways very own band, NewDad. Heard them on BBC 6 Music radio lots and started to really like them. Caught them a UK festival recently and a few thousand came to see them despite clashing with a other big names.

Putting the cool back into Galway music again …. Love vibes from the band with their soft Indie style.

Just wondering what else is coming out of the Galway or the west in general? Any genre really.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rdser

Curious about this as well. For a city with a reputation for the arts, there seems to be very little coming out of the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I remember reading a bit about a lot of arty type people moving from Galway to Cork around 2021/2022 because of lack of opportunities with the closed clubs / expensive housing in Galway. Might be a factor.

Also enjoying NewDad!

Advertisement