Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is the Hansfield area to stay?

• 01-08-2024 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

One of my friends is looking to move to an apartment in Hansfield. They have no car and need to commute to city center every few days.

Can someone please suggest if it is a good idea to stay there?
    How is the area?
    Are there shops nearby?
    Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭vicM

39 and 39a into the City. Train from Clonsilla station. DUnnes nearby and Lidl 20 min walk

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Pale Red

There are two "Hansfields" in the Ongar/Littlepace area. The first is near Littlepace and is a short walk to 70 bus to go to city centre. The other is nearer to Ongar and the Hansfield train station. The service is not very frequent and goes to Spenser Dock near IFSC. You will need to change at Clonsilla if you want to go to Connolly or beyond. 39 and 39A bus to city centre. I'd wait an extra ten minutes for the 39A as it a more direct and faster route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Polar101

The only shop in Hansfield is a small Centra. Ongar village has a few more, but it's pretty far from the apartments. And there's a Lidl (soon an Aldi too, I suppose) in Clonsilla.

Hansfield has a train service to Docklands, but only during rush hour (other times change at Clonsilla).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭daymobrew

A bicycle could help with getting to Ongar and to Clonsilla train station (a folding bike would be even better as you could bring it onto the train).

Advertisement